The Student Room Group

Homosexual Parenting

Scroll to see replies

Original post by allthetime
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet and I don't have time to read through...

Every single child parented by a gay couple is wanted and fought and planned for. Whether through IVF, surrogates, adoption etc (apart from couples where one partner has had a child in a heterosexual relationship before forming a homosexual one.)

So many hetero couples get pregnant by accident, not in a stable relationship, not in a healthy environment, not financially stable etc.

Just one point of many for gay parenting.

This has nothing to do with the rights of the child. Everything you said is to do with the rights of the homosexual couple: eg 'They' are committed parents ==> 'They' should be allowed to adopt

It is wrong for the rights of homosexuals to be placed above those of innocent children.

You certainly present a case for enforcing some restrictions on who can and cannot procreate but Western civilization is not in the mood for that argument at present, I would guess.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
The laughs never stop with you. You cite lifesitenews as a credible source of information. Whatever next? Pravda? High Times?

I just searched to find a recent source citing the study. I don't keep up on which websites are "on message" with your agenda, sorry about that. I'm sure none of the websites you approve of would be so duplicitous.
Thank you for the copy and paste job. Now you can get started on explaining why gender in respect of marriage is a "relevant characteristic" (in the Hartian sense) for public policy, and race is not?

Your ideas are ignorance-based, but you don't hear me whining about it.

You say that my idea's are ignorant yet accuse me of copy and pasting? Typical Ad Hominum.
Original post by Type 052D
You say that my idea's are ignorant yet accuse me of copy and pasting? Typical Ad Hominum.

Yet more white noise from the man with no ideas. Do you have any arguments to make? I eagerly await a single one, and I will happily refute it in the most withering and embarrassing (for you) terms.

Go. Make your argument. I'm sharpening my knives.
Original post by thesabbath

You certainly present a case for enforcing some restrictions on who can and cannot procreate but Western civilization

Wow. So you're freely admitting to holding eugenicist views?

I mean, that's fine. But please stop representing yourself as some kind of miffed, common-sense Essex Man when you're clearly far, far out on the treasonous fringe of what is already a bizarre and insane minority of bigots.
Reply 65
This has nothing to do with the rights of the child. Everything you said is to do with the rights of the homosexual couple: eg 'They' are committed parents ==> 'They' should be allowed to adopt

It is wrong for the rights of homosexuals to be placed above those of innocent children.

You certainly present a case for enforcing some restrictions on who can and cannot procreate but Western civilization is not in the mood for that argument at present, I would guess.

Tell me something. Where are all these wonderful heterosexuals who have children but don't want them, hence giving them up for adoption? Where do the rights of the innocent children come into play here - rather spend their life in an orphanage rather than have a pair of loving albeit gay parents?

Every child has the right to a loving, safe and nurturing home. Whether they get it or not is entirely up to chance.

However, having a homosexual or heterosexual couple parenting them makes no difference to this. A homosexual parenting couple can provide just as good an environment as any, and the child has the added plus of being genuinely wanted and fought for.

I think logically this gives the child the best chance of having the perfect environment in which to grow physically and emotionally.

Therefore, it is directly to do with the child's rights, right?

And as for what I highlighted in bold, I believe it is you that is wrong. An "innocent child" will not have its innocence revoked through having a gay couple parenting them. A homosexual parenting couple has just as much chance of giving a child a perfect home as a heterosexual one. I don't see how anyone's rights are being infringed here.

I mean, that's fine. But please stop representing yourself as some kind of miffed, common-sense Essex Man when you're clearly far, far out on the treasonous fringe of what is already a bizarre and insane minority of bigots.

I don't hold any view on that subject at present, but would be happy to debate it as a theoretical argument. Nice labelling though.

Ironically forcing the homosexual agenda on society will bring that debate into the mainstream anyway, even if you haven't spotted it yet. We've been avoiding it as a society for many reasons which I'm sure you're well aware of.

You....you....you're just fantastic :congrats:
Reply 69

I'm out of rep for the day. But I have really enjoyed your contributions. And this is a classic :smile:

(And yes, I reached this exact same conclusion, albeit less eloquently, as you did from that post.)
Every child has the right to a loving, safe and nurturing home. Whether they get it or not is entirely up to chance. However, having a homosexual or heterosexual couple parenting them makes no difference to this. A homosexual parenting couple can provide just as good an environment as any, and the child has the added plus of being genuinely wanted and fought for. I think logically this gives the child the best chance of having the perfect environment in which to grow physically and emotionally. Therefore, it is directly to do with the child's rights, right? And as for what I highlighted in bold, I believe it is you that is wrong. An "innocent child" will not have its innocence revoked through having a gay couple parenting them. A homosexual parenting couple has just as much chance of giving a child a perfect home as a heterosexual one. I don't see how anyone's rights are being infringed here.
You haven't demonstrated that "having a homosexual or heterosexual couple parenting them makes no difference to this.", this is just an emotional appeal which corresponds with what you choose to believe. Therein lies the rub.
Im against it on the whole certainly against it's promotion.

Though I admit my reasons are based on all the usual fallacies and upset feelings.
Reply 72
Original post by SloaneRanger
There are definitely some homosexual couples that could parent a child better then a heterosexual couple.....be interesting to see if there are any changes as a result of this....:smile:

And there are probably orangutans that might make better parents than some heterosexual couples.

What annoys me is all this talk of "right to adopt" Nobody has a "right" to adopt a child. Adopting a child isn't a human right. It's a privilage.
You haven't demonstrated that "having a homosexual or heterosexual couple parenting them makes no difference to this.", this is just an emotional appeal which corresponds with what you choose to believe. Therein lies the rub.

I didn't think I needed to break it down quite that far.

How do you believe having a homosexual couple as parents is detrimental to the child? Perhaps if you explain this I might be able to clarify what I meant in a way you'll understand.
Reply 74
Original post by Howard

What annoys me is all this talk of "right to adopt" Nobody has a "right" to adopt a child. Adopting a child isn't a human right. It's a privilage.

Indeed. And that's why adoption agencies screen potential parents very carefully. And if a gay couple would make good parents, they get approved. The argument is simply that being straight or gay shouldn't be one of the screening mechanisms.
Original post by Howard
And there are probably orangutans that might make better parents than some heterosexual couples.

I totally agree with you, adopting another human being is probably the biggest privilege you can have!

But receiving this privilege should not depend on your sexuality. As long as the kid is getting a kick ass home then that should be what matters.
Original post by Type 052D
Most Indonesians are good Muslims, so it would make sense for the authorities to pass these regulations.

Most.
The corrupted ones are in government parties that want to establish radical ideologies. If you've heard of FPI and its government alliances, then you will understand why I'm upset at this country.
I've told you, I'm not against Islam. Its just that most of the social morals here are fixated to religious beliefs (that have most likely been manipulated) and do not support homosexual parenting, hence the reason why people leave the country.
I didn't think I needed to break it down quite that far.

How do you believe having a homosexual couple as parents is detrimental to the child? Perhaps if you explain this I might be able to clarify what I meant in a way you'll understand.

If we lived in the utopia that homosexual activists seem to want, where the traditional family unit is displaced by communes of various assorted combinations of adults (males, females, others on the so-called gender scale) loosely defined as "in a relationship" who collectively looked after children and brought them up to believe in all manner of sexual expression, and this was somehow not going against the natural inclinations of each successive generation, who would thus accept it, then I would have some sympathy for this.

We don't live in that society however, and I find it doubtful that we will choose to do so or be able to any time soon. Consequently, since I don't have an agenda to push under the guise of "gay rights", I'm not able to support what I believe is psychologically damaging to children.

If you link me to some studies showing otherwise then I'll read them later on. I sometimes overstretch my arguments for the sake of testing my beliefs, of course, and am always open to reasoned persuasion, but that's debate, and we don't usually get much of that from the homosexual activists.
(edited 11 years ago)
If we lived in the utopia that homosexual activists seem to want, where the traditional family unit is displaced by communes of various assorted combinations of adults (males, females, others on the so-called gender scale) loosely defined as "in a relationship" who collectively looked after children and brought them up to believe in all manner of sexual expression, and this was somehow not going against the natural inclinations of each successive generation, who would thus accept it, then I would have some sympathy for this.

We don't live in that society however, and I find it doubtful that we will choose to do so or be able to any time soon. Consequently, since I don't have an agenda to push under the guise of "gay rights", I'm not able to support what I believe is psychologically damaging to children.

If you link me to some studies showing otherwise then I'll read them later on. I sometimes overstretch my arguments for the sake of testing my beliefs, of course, and am always open to reasoned persuasion, but that's debate, and we don't usually get much of that from the homosexual activists.

I think you've just shown your ignorance there. I don't see a point in debating with someone who has no grasp on the topic.

I'm sure someone else will take up my position however if you want to continue your moronic argument further.
Reply 79
Original post by hslakaal

It should definitely be allowed. However, with so many children in care and foster homes, who are so much in need of a family and sense of stability, I have mixed feelings about this type of surrogacy in general, and treatments such as IVF. Personally if I couldn't naturally conceive I would consider adoption before any other options.

The hetero/homosexual argument doesn't really come into it for me, although I'm glad homosexual couples are able to adopt, for the reasons above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending