Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, I just had my final parents evening tonight, Im actually feeling strangely emotional now, the feeling of everything coming to an end is now upon me..

It started with Maths, where my form tutor since year 8(therefore knew what I used to be like), just had a constant grin and was pretty much speechless, then I had my mechanics teacher who has only been teaching us for 2 weeks, pretending she actually knows what Im like - which was quite annoying.

Then I went to Physics, one of my Physics teachers had tears in her eyes and said 'When I think back to how you were in year 10 and what you are like now it is staggering' and then said that she wanted me to come back to the school in a few years to see how I was going with my Physics degree..

Then Chemistry my teacher was saying that the 3 people who do Chemistry have an informal relationship(we have spent whole double lessons talking about how many girls he shagged at University) and that if we ever need any help out of school or whatever its fine..

So, that was my final parents evening, think Im gonna put some downbeat music on now(funeral for a friend anyone).

Anyone else had their parents evening recently?

ReputationRep:
    Funeral ain't down beat! Go for some Radiohead, maybe just Fake Plastic Trees on loop.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see why when you feel down you would put music on to complemeny this and feel worse, surely you dhould be looking for the opposite style?

ReputationRep:
    Nah it works well for me, I feel better if I listen to music that suits my mood, listening to some happy pop punk wouldnt feel right at the moment. If I listened to Radiohead Id be DEAD by the end of the night. Anyway...parents evening is the topic here MOFOS.

ReputationRep:
    good on ya narb, you have got to by 'Matchbook Romance's' album for that sort of mood, it's amazing.

i remember what you used to be like, constantly swearing at teachers and being a cocky rude ******* so i can see why the teachers are so pleased that you have changed(in lessons anyway)

mine didn't go as bad as i expected, basiclay told me i need to do much more wider reading for English but appart from that it was very good

the parents evening did make me think that it wont be long till I have to leave the school and start all over again, i'll certainly miss it in many ways but it's also exciting looking forward to uni, guess i'll have to pray that I get in........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    good on ya narb, you have got to by 'Matchbook Romance's' album for that sort of mood, it's amazing.

i remember what you used to be like, constantly swearing at teachers and being a cocky rude ******* so i can see why the teachers are so pleased that you have changed(in lessons anyway)

mine didn't go as bad as i expected, basiclay told me i need to do much more wider reading for English but appart from that it was very good

the parents evening did make me think that it wont be long till I have to leave the school and start all over again, i'll certainly miss it in many ways but it's also exciting looking forward to uni, guess i'll have to pray that I get in........
    Fancy getting on MSN, like NOW mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Fancy getting on MSN, like NOW mate?
    it's actualy working now :eek:

the internet is a ****ing disgrace, what is up with this server!

ReputationRep:
    nope MSN is down for me

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.