Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE History Coursework Help watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    "Are you read for love" = A complete joke! But I did like that train song. Oooh and that site shows he did a duet with Mary J. Blige. Hmm cool.

lol. You see the problem with 'Are you ready for love' is that in its context it is a brilliant song. It was written for a musical... but not many people know that so slate it, and its over 2 years old! Not that I like the song, I just know that musical music isnt exactly complicated lol.

Yes, 'This train dont stop' Elton said of it, his best song in 25 years. I have to agree completly. Lyrically and musically brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Good for you He probably will if he is the 'right' age. Most people seem to have Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, which is a mish mash of pop and semi pop good songs.

If he has got any, listen to Bob Dylan and Randy Newman too, they are also excellent lyrically and musically.
    I think my Grandparents will have those too. I shall ask them. My father likes the likes of Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Guns 'n' Roses etc but also likes anything else. My mum being a sixties/seventies chick likes the likes of the Osmonds

ReputationRep:
    lol. You see the problem with 'Are you ready for love' is that in its context it is a brilliant song. It was written for a musical... but not many people know that so slate it, and its over 2 years old! Not that I like the song, I just know that musical music isnt exactly complicated lol.

Yes, 'This train dont stop' Elton said of it, his best song in 25 years. I have to agree completly. Lyrically and musically brilliant.
    A musical? Didn't know that. You know a lot about music, or either that just Elton John?

Yup, that song is sound.

ReputationRep:
    I think my Grandparents will have those too. I shall ask them. My father likes the likes of Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Guns 'n' Roses etc but also likes anything else. My mum being a sixties/seventies chick likes the likes of the Osmonds
    Yes Hendrix was magic on the guitar. Pink Floyd and Guns and Roses are good too. Axel foley from Guns and Roses said he would like to own the writes for Eltons 'Tumbleweed Connection' album more than any piece of art in the world.

I'm liking Randy Newman at the moment. You will know a lot of his recent work (he did the songs for Toy Story and other Disney films) but one song you def will know is 'Mumma told me (not to come)' which i'm sure sure you will have heard the Sterophonics version of. The original is much better

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes the Stereophonics version I remember that... that wasn't with Tom Jones was it? It probably wasn't but I can just hear his voice :confused:

ReputationRep:
    A musical? Didn't know that. You know a lot about music, or either that just Elton John?

Yup, that song is sound.
    I probably know more about Elton John than any other artist. But thats because I play the piano, and really appreciate what he can do. I certainly have a good knowledge of 60's, 70's and some 80's music as well. Recent music I aint to impressed with. Like the Darkness for example, their music is alright, but its been done before, and better in the 70's.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes the Stereophonics version I remember that... that wasn't with Tom Jones was it? It probably wasn't but I can just hear his voice :confused:
    Hmm, I think so yeah. Not 100% sure.

Whats happened to your avatar????

Is it because Nicole has had hair shaved off?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I think so yeah. Not 100% sure.

Whats happened to your avatar????

Is it because Nicole has had hair shaved off?
    Hehe has she? I'm feeling like a celebrity who wears sunglassses... I don't want to be noticed or have much of an identity. This will be a passing phase though, I'm sure!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.