Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody going tomorrow? I am!

ReputationRep:
    tomorrow?
    aload of ppl from our our school went to one today!
    ps the lectures in the one i went to last year were awful so its best to avoid them and dont sign up for a bank account just for a free camera

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the one at Westpoint in a few weeks. Are they worthwhile???

ReputationRep:
    Saw thousands of little 'uns running around today.

A few of my mates are members of 'security' for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Saw thousands of little 'uns running around today.

A few of my mates are members of 'security' for it.
    You're at Bath!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    You're at Bath!

Erm.... I know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie Heskins)
    I'm going to the one at Westpoint in a few weeks. Are they worthwhile???
    Westpoint!! Devon County Show!! woOOOOHoooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    You're at Bath!
    And some people need to have a bath. If only to remove all the crap and spam that resides in their mouths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Westpoint!! Devon County Show!! woOOOOHoooo!
    LoL! oh no! you don't like Devon County Show do you?!!! :P

ReputationRep:
    I went to the exeter one last year... came back with enough pens to last my a year, enough brochures to break many backs, enough to note pad to last a long time, two disposible cameras, one foam hand, one bag and a bank account complete with cheque book... Oh and several CD-Roms, and I got a lot of post after that one as well....

Eva

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txt_eva)
    I went to the exeter one last year... came back with enough pens to last my a year, enough brochures to break many backs, enough to note pad to last a long time, two disposible cameras, one foam hand, one bag and a bank account complete with cheque book... Oh and several CD-Roms, and I got a lot of post after that one as well....

Eva
    :eek: I'm at the UNi right now in my dad's office having just come over from the higher education fair and there was virtually no free stuff apart from prospectuses!! One nice girl from the Uni of Essex gave me a free pack of playing cards though cos we had a long chat about English!!! Random..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    :eek: I'm at the UNi right now in my dad's office having just come over from the higher education fair and there was virtually no free stuff apart from prospectuses!! One nice girl from the Uni of Essex gave me a free pack of playing cards though cos we had a long chat about English!!! Random..!
    huh - i didnt get that on my uni educ fair at St. Mary's - and the more snobbish universities seemed reluctant to give their prospectii - well i showed them and will be attending one of them this Sept for Law (UCL)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    huh - i didnt get that on my uni educ fair at St. Mary's - and the more snobbish universities seemed reluctant to give their prospectii - well i showed them and will be attending one of them this Sept for Law (UCL)
    Cool, well done! Shall I tell you what attracted me to picking up a Uni of Essex prospectus? THe amazing party ring/happy face biscuit cover!! My favourite kinds of biscuits! No idea about the standard of the uni though as I haven't look at the info yet!

ReputationRep:
    Cool, well done! Shall I tell you what attracted me to picking up a Uni of Essex prospectus? THe amazing party ring/happy face biscuit cover!! My favourite kinds of biscuits! No idea about the standard of the uni though as I haven't look at the info yet!
    Lol. Is that a fine example of impulse grabbing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Lol. Is that a fine example of impulse grabbing?
    Lol, indeed! I was quite pleased about the playing cards actually as they have the yummy biscuits on them too... I'm really hungry now!!

ReputationRep:
    hehe - i have an unconditional offer there and that is currently my back up choice - i do not want to go to SOAS if i dont get into UCL - i need an A in french for UCL - otherwise Essex is my second choice because it is an excellent university overall and especially good at law - up and coming as they say - i am still waiting for King's to reply though - they would then naturally become 2nd choice because it is in London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    hehe - i have an unconditional offer there and that is currently my back up choice - i do not want to go to SOAS if i dont get into UCL - i need an A in french for UCL - otherwise Essex is my second choice because it is an excellent university overall and especially good at law - up and coming as they say - i am still waiting for King's to reply though - they would then naturally become 2nd choice because it is in London
    Cool! Do you know if Essex is any good for English?

ReputationRep:
    Cool! Do you know if Essex is any good for English?
    as far as i know it is rated 5 i think - but you better check it up

ReputationRep:
    I went to a higher education fair a couple of weeks ago and was quite surprised by the number of unis there, including most of the top ones (oxbridge, imperial, warwick, ucl, lse, bristol...etc). Most of the unis were quite helpful although I regretted picking up too many prspestuses as they were very heavy to carry home! One of the unis (Bournemouth I think) were giving out sweets but they were really icky and said something like 'Bournemouth 2002' on them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I went to a higher education fair a couple of weeks ago and was quite surprised by the number of unis there, including most of the top ones (oxbridge, imperial, warwick, ucl, lse, bristol...etc). Most of the unis were quite helpful although I regretted picking up too many prspestuses as they were very heavy to carry home! One of the unis (Bournemouth I think) were giving out sweets but they were really icky and said something like 'Bournemouth 2002' on them...
    Yeah I hadn't thought about how much they'd all weigh!! I only saw one stand with sweets on though

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.