The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Options in BSc Economics

Looking at the LSE's website for their BSc in Economics, they say that in the first and second years you can take one outside option from "a wide range of options taught outside the department". However, I can't find any more specific information on their website about what these courses are or examples of what has been offered previously.
Personally, I would want to options in History: does anyone know what options would be available in History - and would they be generally from the department of International History, or just Economic History? Or if anyone could provide a link to more detailed information, I'd appreciate it:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Matt:)
Looking at the LSE's website for their BSc in Economics, they say that in the first and second years you can take one outside option from "a wide range of options taught outside the department". However, I can't find any more specific information on their website about what these courses are or examples of what has been offered previously.
Personally, I would want to options in History: does anyone know what options would be available in History - and would they be generally from the department of International History, or just Economic History? Or if anyone could provide a link to more detailed information, I'd appreciate it:smile:

Pretty sure you can find them by just clicking on other degrees and looking at their compulsory options. If you click on one it should say who it is available to (students from which degrees) and if its available as an outside option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by kieronspitter
Pretty sure you can find them by just clicking on other degrees and looking at their compulsory options. If you click on one it should say who it is available to (students from which degrees) and if its available as an outside option.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I'll have a look at those.
Reply 3
http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/calendar/programmeRegulations/undergraduate/2012_outsideOptions.htm

As long as you can justify why you're taking something, you should be allowed to. Econ History is quite a popular choice in 1st year, never heard of someone taking just History. Maths/Finance/Languages/Operational Research are generally common options in 2nd/3rd year.

Seen some people take Law options too.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Swayum
http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/calendar/programmeRegulations/undergraduate/2012_outsideOptions.htm

As long as you can justify why you're taking something, you should be allowed to. Econ History is quite a popular choice in 1st year, never heard of someone taking just History. Maths/Finance/Languages/Operational Research are generally common options in 2nd/3rd year.

Seen some people take Law options too.

Thanks, that's really helpful:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending