The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1, C2 June 2013

Is anyone doing these papers in about 2 weeks? How are you revising, I'm doing all of the past papers and solomons.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me, Im doing C1. I generally only do past papers and I never do the solomons. I have to say though that C1 papers are getting harder year by year.
Reply 2
Yep I am, just doing past papers and every single question i can find, if i can't do one i ask my teacher :smile: how is your revision going, what you getting on the papers and what applied unit are you doing?
Reply 3
I am, is it only 2 weeks now? Wow, these past few weeks have gone so quickly!

I'm doing past papers too, & then going over what I get wrong in the text book. May or may not do Solomons depending on how much time I have.

What topics do you find hardest?
Reply 4
Original post by smileyelzz
I am, is it only 2 weeks now? Wow, these past few weeks have gone so quickly!

I'm doing past papers too, & then going over what I get wrong in the text book. May or may not do Solomons depending on how much time I have.

What topics do you find hardest?

logs, logs and logs :P
Reply 5
Original post by Munrot07
logs, logs and logs :P

See I don't mind logs :P But C2 differentiation questions are horrible :frown:
Reply 6
Doing both. Did the Solomons for C1, now I'm doing the questions that were rejected as exam questions.

Prefer C2 over C1 tbh.
Reply 7
Just past papers for me. Practice is the only real way of revising for Maths in my eyes.
Where I am now:
- Haven't got a clue about Circles in C2
- Hopeless at drawing graphs in C1
I'm doing C2 only (and C3). Need 2 ums for my A in maths overall.

Highly recommend Solomon, if you have the time to do so.
Think I'm ready for the C2 exams. Might need to check on how to prove equations on differentiation. I should be fine with C1 too, but the only maths exam that worries me the most is D1! D:
Original post by Ishraq Tarafdar
Think I'm ready for the C2 exams. Might need to check on how to prove equations on differentiation. I should be fine with C1 too, but the only maths exam that worries me the most is D1! D:

Urghhh don't get me started on D1, it's horrible! Scheduling does my head in :mad: & what's the point of bubble/quick sort? I can sort numbers in my head in 2 seconds :angry:

Sorry, rant over :tongue:
Doing these papers, only need to go over a few topics in C2 and then should be ready for the exam. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Sarahftw_
Doing both. Did the Solomons for C1, now I'm doing the questions that were rejected as exam questions.

Prefer C2 over C1 tbh.

How do you find the rejected exam questions?
Reply 13
Original post by James A
I'm doing C2 only (and C3). Need 2 ums for my A in maths overall.

Highly recommend Solomon, if you have the time to do so.

You need 2 UMS over 2 papers to get an A overall?
Original post by Alex-Torres
You need 2 UMS over 2 papers to get an A overall?

Yes, I'm on a gap year, just need the 2 ums and I'm done with maths.

Got 478/600 for my AS and A2 combined. You need 480/600 for an A overall, so you can imagine how angry I was on results day in august 12.
Reply 15
Original post by James A
Yes, I'm on a gap year, just need the 2 ums and I'm done with maths.

Got 478/600 for my AS and A2 combined. You need 480/600 for an A overall, so you can imagine how angry I was on results day in august 12.

Nice! Did you do all of the Solomon papers? I find C2 Solomon very difficult
Nice! Did you do all of the Solomon papers? I find C2 Solomon very difficult

I didn't actually have the time to do C2 Solomon papers (I last took the exam in June 11) and was swamped with exams then, so no, I didn't do em :sad:
Reply 17
Original post by James A
I didn't actually have the time to do C2 Solomon papers (I last took the exam in June 11) and was swamped with exams then, so no, I didn't do em :sad:

So you did the C1 solomons and not the C2. How did your UMS compare in the two?
So you did the C1 solomons and not the C2. How did your UMS compare in the two?

94/100 in C1 (jan11) and 74/100 in C2 (jun12).

I think that tells the story :tongue:

But then again, the question that screwed me up in C2 was a question that was in the official textbook (c2) which I skipped in class. So it was my fault for not going over that question as it was pretty much identical to the one I got in the exam (and had no clue about).
How do you find the rejected exam questions?

They're alright actually, but some of the transformation questions are a bit dodgy.

Quick Reply

Latest