The Student Room Group

A-levels

I would like to do Journalism as a career and probably do an English lit course at uni but I really don't know what to choose for A-levels.
Reply 1
Journalism sounds awesome, as it happens its my secound uni choice. I would definately choose English Literature at alevel if you are considering doing it at university. I would also consider chosing English Language, as if you like Journalism you will really enjoy a bit of the language coursework.
Reply 2
According to a journalism professor, the ideal combination is english lit, history, gov & politics, a modern language :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take a quick look on the websites of the universities you think you will apply to and check if there is anything they specifically ask for. They will most likely give you any essential and recommended subjects which will be useful and then add in any subjects you are good at / enjoy.
Reply 4
Original post by bananag
Journalism sounds awesome, as it happens its my secound uni choice. I would definately choose English Literature at alevel if you are considering doing it at university. I would also consider chosing English Language, as if you like Journalism you will really enjoy a bit of the language coursework.

OKay thanks for the help
Reply 5
Original post by Cle1997
According to a journalism professor, the ideal combination is english lit, history, gov & politics, a modern language :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds like a good selection, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest