How Long Do Films Stay in the Cinema? Watch

Sherlockedd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So basically me and a few friends really want to see Iron Man 3 but we have exams and stuff until the 19th June so we were wondering if we could see it in the Cinema then or not? Anyone know how long films run in the cinema? It came out on the 25th April so if anyone can be any help would be appreciated
alouette-
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
According to UK cinema listings, the last showing is on Thursday 13th June 2013. Although this may be subject to change (depending on its popularity), showings past this date may only be in key cities (e.g. London).

Surely you can take a few hours out to relax ?
Bouffe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends on how popular it is and how it fares in box office sales. If it is popular enough to run until June time, it may only run in large cities at reduced showing times.
Platinum Mech
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've previously seen blockbuster films staying in cinemas for about two months or more, but of course, there's no guarantee that Iron Man 3 will definitely still be showing in cinemas by 19 June.
dean01234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
19th of June is a long time away... The actual time will depend on how popular the film is, how popular rival films are.

If you really want to see it I would go before then, surely you can take a break for a few hours to see a film.
Sherlockedd
Rep:
?
Hmmm ok thanks for all the replies! And I would take time out but I have like 6 exams and need solid A's in them all, some of my friends have 9+ exams so yeeeaaaaah, taking time out to watch it isn't really ideal. We'll see what happens, hopefully it's popular enough to stay in cinemas a little longer!
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's a 2 hr film. Unless you're travelling a long way then an all together trip of 3hrs is easily do able.

I might be old fashioned, but I'd say if you can't squeeze 3 hrs for a bit of a breather (considering most exams don't even start for another fortnight) then you're getting your work/life balance a bit mixed up.
Sherlockedd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
It's a 2 hr film. Unless you're travelling a long way then an all together trip of 3hrs is easily do able.

I might be old fashioned, but I'd say if you can't squeeze 3 hrs for a bit of a breather (considering most exams don't even start for another fortnight) then you're getting your work/life balance a bit mixed up.
Idk the way my friends and I revise is doing chunks of revision with an hour or so break between them, so for our revision technique it's not really good. Maybe we're going all out, but the fact that exams are only a fortnight away makes me think revision needs to be done as soon as. I mean worst comes to worse we'll get it on DVD when it comes out later
asif007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sherlockedd)
So basically me and a few friends really want to see Iron Man 3 but we have exams and stuff until the 19th June so we were wondering if we could see it in the Cinema then or not? Anyone know how long films run in the cinema? It came out on the 25th April so if anyone can be any help would be appreciated
I remember that The Avengers was on for a good 2 months last year, and Iron Man 3 has already had a better opening weekend than The Avengers so I would expect it will definitely be around on 19th June, less than 1 month after release. It'll probably be down to only 1 or 2 showings a day though, so if you're looking for a more convenient time I would suggest you go sooner rather than later. I'm sure you can find time to take out of your revision to go and see the epic Iron Man 3, given how fantastic the reviews are - it will definitely be worth your time. I'm at university and always find time to watch films until a week or so before my exams!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.79%
No (263)
33.21%

Watched Threads