The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Commuting to UWE by car next year (Banned?)

I just saw somewhere in this forum that getting to UWE by car for students next year will be banned?!?! Is this true? If it is then I will be pretty angry at the fact I saved all my student loan all year and bought my self a Ford Focus... It's already tough enough living on frenchay and having a car when you can't park overnight in car park 20.
yep
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Where does it say that?
Reply 3
It says that "Parking for undergraduates at Frenchay living in Bristol will be phased out starting from first year undergraduates in September 2013, and extending to first and second year undergraduates in 2014, and all undergraduates in 2015.

Exemptions will be made for those with mobility/childcare commitments or those living at home outside of Bristol."

http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/aboutus/departmentsandservices/professionalservices/transport/travelsmartprogramme/abouttravelsmart.aspx
Reply 4
Okay, I am a first year currently, so I will be able to park there next year as I am a second year then, right?
Reply 5
Yes. Looks that way.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Okay well that's a start :s-smilie: I really hate what they are doing... Driving is one of my main hobbies.

So is anyone here based in UWE? I don't really know alot of people here and it would be good to get to know some people..
Reply 7
Original post by xtopiana
Okay well that's a start :s-smilie: I really hate what they are doing... Driving is one of my main hobbies.

So is anyone here based in UWE? I don't really know alot of people here and it would be good to get to know some people..

I've known people to park on car park 20 for the majority of the year.
Reply 8
Just park on Car Park 20 putting in new tickets every night and move it round a little so they dont suspect. There are 3 of us 1st years doing it that i know of and we can recongnise the student cars that stay there all the time now. UWE dont give a crap as long as you pay their parking fees.

If they do ban parking then we kick off to the student union!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending