Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im goin to uni to do dentistry in september. got offers from manchester and leeds. both are really good unis and cities so i have no idea where to go! please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devc)
    Im goin to uni to do dentistry in september. got offers from manchester and leeds. both are really good unis and cities so i have no idea where to go! please help
    Yes, both good universities but Manchester is in a differnet class to Leads. Manchester can be regarded as 'top-tier' i do not believe Leads can.

ReputationRep:
    true say but with my degree im basically guaranteed of a job. im more concerned with what it would be like to live there as opposed to the quality of the uni because both courses will be similar.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds rules, my dentist went there and got an EEE offer. Although this was years ago and my dentist is now very grumpy.

Leeds > Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Leeds rules, my dentist went there and got an EEE offer. Although this was years ago and my dentist is now very grumpy.

Leeds > Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you're looking for in a city. Manchester is unrivalled for the student effect, 4 universities in an area of a square mile or so, hundreds of thousands of them, an incredibly busy scene catering for pretty much all. I live here and think it's really pretty. The city is an awesome place to be if you're into that kind of lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Hehe, I hope you're not the son of my dentist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_help)
    Yes, both good universities but Manchester is in a differnet class to Leads. Manchester can be regarded as 'top-tier' i do not believe Leads can.
    Firstly learn how to spell 'Leeds' and 2ndly, leeds is one of the top unis in the country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    Firstly learn how to spell 'Leeds' and 2ndly, leeds is one of the top unis in the country

It's all relative, it's not Bolton it's not Imperial. Ulltimately on a board like this, people are going to look down on Leeds even though it's probably a better than average uni.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.