The Student Room Group

Funding for social work masters- scottish student english university

Hi. I am Scottish intending to study MA Social Work in Carlisle because it is the closest University and the only viable option as i have a child. I would work at home in Scotland after graduation. Please can you tell me if there is any funding available for me?
Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by fredgal1
Hi. I am Scottish intending to study MA Social Work in Carlisle because it is the closest University and the only viable option as i have a child. I would work at home in Scotland after graduation. Please can you tell me if there is any funding available for me?
Thank you

Since you'd be studying in England, when the same course is available in Scotland, you wouldn't be eligible for any funding from SAAS as far as I know. :erm:
Reply 2
Original post by Ecosse_14
Since you'd be studying in England, when the same course is available in Scotland, you wouldn't be eligible for any funding from SAAS as far as I know. :erm:

Yeah, pretty sure that's the case. You could phone SAAS and ask them if it'll be funded, but I don't think it will be as Google tells me there are already a few Scottish universities that offer the same course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending