The Student Room Group

GCSE Art Final Piece

So my theme for my art is close-ups and im doing 3-d art so for my final piece, i have made 4 tags; 2 eys a nose and a mouth with cells on the back of the tags.

However i am really stuck on what to do for my prep work which is due in 3 days...
I dont actually know why I chose to do facial features , I just thought it would be easy but Im really stuck with my prep work because I cant find any modern day artists that draw/paint facial features/faces. Does anybody know any artists?

My teacher has told me to get higher marks, I need to develop my ideas, so think of an idea that could have made me decide to do facial features and cells, but I cant think of anything at all that I could relate to an artists work. I really need some artists basically.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated because my deadline is approaching fast! thankyouu :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Francis Bacon paints faces you could probaly use him. Look for artists that do portraits - they don't have to be exactly what you are doing you ust have to show you have looked at other artists work and took little bits from them. They also dont have to be mordern for what you aredoing you are probally better loking at all artists.

As far as devepment you have to make slight alterations to the design idea you want to do till you get it to what you want it to look like and you only need to do sketches or thumb nail drawings to develop an idea.

Look at different ways to make it or the media used. Paper, clay, plaster ect.

hope this has been of help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending