The Student Room Group

Is it too late to achieve 6+ A*s at GCSE level?

So essentially, I have 2 weeks left until my first examinations, which are the negligible French Reading/Listening. I have 10 subjects. French, Performing Arts and Religious Studies I believe I can achieve A*s in with minimal revision so those are, in my eyes, negligible. Consequently then, I'm left with Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, English Lit, English Lang and Mathematics.

I have barely revised for any of these subjects because I'm horribly lazy, however I realize that GCSEs are a memory test and as such can be said to be very doable if that person is willing to put the time and effort in. The repentant procrastinator I am - I'm more than willing to put the effort in now, but it's the time that's the problem as I also have school in these two weeks where I find it is very hard to focus on revision.

Thoughts?
Reply 1
My advice....count no subject as negligible, better safe than sorry if you are serious about all those A*'s! I find it hard to revise in college too, so draw yourself up a realistic revision time table for evenings/weekends. If procrastination is really a problem for you and you are set on top grades-put the electronics under lock and key, heck hand them over to your parents = problem solved! :P

So why 6+ A*'s then? :smile:
Reply 2
Yes it's passed the deadline, you needed to have started revision 72 hours 48 minutes and 36 seconds ago in order to be eligible for 6+ A*s
You could probably revise the day of the exam and still come out with an A*.
Original post by player001
Thoughts?

QUICK, OP, QUICK. START REVISING NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

In all seriousness, you could probably start next week and pull off 6 A* grades.
Reply 5
Seeing as there's only 2 weeks left, I say you should just remove all doubts and fear and revise hard starting from now. Nothing you can do to change reality.
Its not too late. Just do some past papers and remember the mark scheme format ,ie, what they're looking for in you answers. For many of my exams I started my revision 2 days before and still got good grades.
Reply 7
No it's not too late.I just started this weekend and I've been doing 8 hours per day ever since!Not even exaggerating I feel I work best under pressure and can learn a lot in just 2 weeks!Not saying you have I do 8 hours but 4-5 hours should be enough.I actually revised just one week before my biology exam in January and still came out with an A.:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Yes, you should have started yesterday at 4 p.m.
Seriously though, what's with all these "is it too late?" topics?
Depressing much?

These questions are useless. If it really is too late then why bother posting? Just get on with it. Work. You might scrape a B.

If it's not too late you're just ****ing wasting time. Not good.
Reply 9
Replace the thesaurus you've clearly been studying with a textbook and you might have a chance.
I didn't really revise and I got 5A*s 3As and a B so it should be easily doable if you start now
Reply 11
Original post by Blues Guitarist
I didn't really revise and I got 5A*s 3As and a B so it should be easily doable if you start now

Wow you're helpful aren't you? Showing off your grades AND assuming he's at the same level as you. Who are you to assume it's going to be easily doable for him if he starts now? Do you think being a stuck-up liar actually makes you cool?
Original post by desslop
Wow you're helpful aren't you? Showing off your grades AND assuming he's at the same level as you. Who are you to assume it's going to be easily doable for him if he starts now? Do you think being a stuck-up liar actually makes you cool?

woah dude I'm not stuck up or a liar (I mean my results aren't even that great), I'm just saying it should be doable, and I doubt he could be at a lower level than I was before the exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending