Help! A2 English Language media piece! Watch

SarahLouise56
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I've written my language analysis on how the portrayal of vampires has changed over time and I've used Dracula, the Silver kiss and Twilight. For my media piece, I've done an interview with a director about a new movie based on Dracula. The thing is, I haven't actually shown language change IN my media piece, and I have no idea how to. All my teacher says is "add some dark, gothic archaic language". How ? The interview is modern day?! can anyone think of a new media piece I could do to represent language change within vampire novels? Ugh
Ninde-Ava
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The media piece does only need to be loosely linked. For examplebI looked at language change in my family then wrote my media text for teachers on how to help children learn english (with the link being my mum learned it as a second language) You could look at films/ books in general, or general language associated with vampiers; how has it changed amelioration/pejoration ect.
Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
fish_biscuits
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really stuck on how to choose a topic for my Media Text that links to my Investigation. My Investigation title was How does Laura Bush adjust the rhetoric of power and use the language of gender to suit her purpose and audience? Does that mean i can choose anything to do with Language and Gender or Language and Power? When i asked my tutor he intimated that it wasn't as simple as that but i haven't had a chance to talk to him about it since because i've had to take copious amounts of time off due to illness. I have about a week to throw something together for my Media Text, help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.7%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (71)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
56.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.31%

Watched Threads