The Student Room Group

Bill Roache arrested

Bill Roache (Ken Barlow from Coronation Street) is the next one to be arrested linked with the Savile sex abuse scandal. He has been arrested on suspicion of raping 15-year-old girl in 1967 :frown:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10029915/Coronation-Street-star-Bill-Roache-arrested-on-suspicion-of-raping-15-year-old-girl.html
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He made some very bizarre comments in an interview a few months back -

Reply 2
Poor Coronation Street aren't going to have any actors left! That interview is very creepy, although obviously that doesn't mean he is guilty.
The last ten seconds of that interview is very important, and very scary, that some people actually think this way.
Reply 4
Every time some 70's celeb is named in a new 'post saville inquiry' I'm a bit more dubious about it tbh.
Reply 5
im not seeing a problem with what he says in that video

guy isnt really a pedophile if its a 15 year old girl.

also when they say rape does that mean he raped her against her consent or is it just like a statutory rape where its only called rape because she is under 16

doesnt seem to be much information about it right now anyway
Original post by AgentSushi
He made some very bizarre comments in an interview a few months back -

Lets be honest here, he's spot on about the groupies. I'm not advocating the idea that they bring it on themselves, but groupies are an entirely different topic altogether.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AgentSushi
Bill Roache (Ken Barlow from Coronation Street) is the next one to be arrested linked with the Savile sex abuse scandal. He has been arrested on suspicion of raping 15-year-old girl in 1967 :frown:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10029915/Coronation-Street-star-Bill-Roache-arrested-on-suspicion-of-raping-15-year-old-girl.html

Is it me or is the queen's honour list looking more and more like the sex offenders register ?
He's right with most of the stuff in that interview.

Can the difference of a couple of days, between 15 and 16 make someone over the age of 16 a peadophile, just because that is what the "law" says. It is a joke that they could refer to it as rape.
Reply 9
Wow.... This guy sure has set the Barlow

Boom boom :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by datpiff
Wow.... This guy sure has set the Barlow

Boom boom :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant! :biggrin:
Anyone whose favourite TV presenters were Jimmy Savile, Jim Davidson, Rolf Harris and Bill Roache must be wondering about their taste in TV programmes.
He is going to be charged with two counts of Rape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22374518
Need to rename it 'Molestation Street'.

The woman who is claiming she was raped by Bill Roache will now be 61 years old.
I wonder if she sat down to watch Corrie for the first time ever last night and shouted "That's the bastard there"
Don't you worry, don't you worry child...

Ken and Ken have a plan for you!
Serious crimes including Stuart Hall OBE, Sir Jimmy makes a mockery of queens honours... i am not there is no automatic withdrawl of honours when proven hey have committed serious crime. Sined up here - not many have signed yet but hey ho http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49556. Is i a generation thing?
Reply 16
Regardless of whether he is guilty or not I think the whole episode of operation Yew tree has been good for encouraging people to speak up about abuse. It's shown that occasionally people do get held accountable, and it gives victims some hope.
Reply 17
If you accept that you are pure love, and if you know that you are pure love and therefore live that pure love, these things won't happen to you

:lolwut:

Everything that happens to us is been(sic) a result of what we have been in previous lives or whatever

What like these rape allegations?
Reply 18
Original post by arichmond64
He's right with most of the stuff in that interview.

Can the difference of a couple of days, between 15 and 16 make someone over the age of 16 a peadophile, just because that is what the "law" says. It is a joke that they could refer to it as rape.

Under the current laws, having consensual sex with a 15 year old doesn't count as rape. It's still illegal of course, but not rape.

However I'm not sure how it works considering the alleged offence took place many years ago. Presumably he'd be tried under the laws back then? Still, I think the claim is that he really did rape them, rather than having consensual sex with someone under age.
Reply 19
Original post by Psyk
Under the current laws, having consensual sex with a 15 year old doesn't count as rape. It's still illegal of course, but not rape.

However I'm not sure how it works considering the alleged offence took place many years ago. Presumably he'd be tried under the laws back then? Still, I think the claim is that he really did rape them, rather than having consensual sex with someone under age.

^ This, I haven't read anywhere that it was consensual. Im not sure why everyone on here has been saying that :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending