The Student Room Group

how to revise from revision notes

Alright guys I have done my revision notes but how do you revise from yout revision notesand how do you break iy down further do you do mind maps?
Mind maps are OK, only I find them hard to remember. I also buy a pack of note cards and write questions on one side and the answers on the other, you fill them out and see what you know. If youre an audio learner, you can record yourself speaking the notes. You can also make drawings, comics, videos and websites to help you,and there are even videos already up on YouTube for a lot of courses. Sticky notes are AWESOME. Put them up around your house with facts or questions taken from your notes in a place that youll see everyday and youll absorb the information better.
Pretty colour pens help when used in a colour scheme and contrasted with black (eg. topic names in black, definitions in green, etc)
Just remember to take breaks and stuff like that so youre not wearing yourself out and youll absorb the info quicker :biggrin:
A lot of the time its just about finding what works for you!
Hope this helps, Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
I used to include little pictures with the revision notes as adding a pictographic reference to the text makes it easier to remember.

For example, with Sociology if "Williams & Brown" gave an important take on the feminist theory, I'd add a little woman or the female gender symbol next to their names so I know they're discussing feminism.

Also, in notes, I like to keep them as they are - just notes. Often, I try to keep things simple and straightforward in my notes, summarising the most important elements. This is because I can flesh out the notes later, but it's important to have a good base to build from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending