The Student Room Group

Afghan plane crash caught on camera.

[video="youtube;BN3waJIc574"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN3waJIc574[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The Taliban are saying they shot it down although this looks like it was just a plane crash.

Shocking to watch really is.
Reply 2
Oh god that's awful to see. What a terrible day - those poor lives lost :sad:
Reply 3
Original post by Bluffroom
Oh god that's awful to see. What a terrible day - those poor lives lost :sad:

I look at it and think more of the absolute terror gripping those on board as it plummets than the fact they died afterwards. I've often thought about what I'd do in that situation and whether I'd still get a *******ing for lighting a cigarette.
Thats terrible to watch but some quite spectacular footage. To me it looks like whatever cargo was on board came loose and shifted to the back of the plane.
Reply 5
I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open thinking oh my god what just happened.
Reply 6
Looks like a horrible accident.
I feel for the families who've lost.
Original post by doggyfizzel
It looks like it just stalled, it comes down almost vertically.

This. What the Taliban are saying seems like total bull**** considering that footage.
Reply 8
that's horrible.

I wouldn't park near them tankers though.

it look like a stall or something - there was no smoke before it.
Reply 11
Woa... That's a terrible sight to witness

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are reports of bad weather conditions in the area. Seems most likely. It was reported to be carrying 5 military vehicles, seems unlikely they would all be able to move to cause the weight change. All the would have fixings at, at least 4 points then you would need one to move the others after failure or all to fail at once. Seems unlikely. Could just be a failure or pilot error though.
Reply 13
Definitely not shot down, Terry's talking out of his backside [as per].

Looks like a complete engine failure/stall event.

Shocking to watch.
Reply 14
Original post by tehforum
I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open thinking oh my god what just happened.

My EXACT reaction.
Reply 15
Remarkable when you realize you're watching lives being extinguished.

R.I.P.
Original post by AgentSushi
Thats terrible to watch but some quite spectacular footage. To me it looks like whatever cargo was on board came loose and shifted to the back of the plane.

stop pretending you are some aviation expert the media have been reporting that for a while don't try and take the credit for it.:biggrin:
For the first time in my life, I'm speechless! :O

Oh
My
God.

This is why I will NEVER go on planes.

EVER.
:mad:
Original post by Shabalala
stop pretending you are some aviation expert the media have been reporting that for a while don't try and take the credit for it.:biggrin:

Hollywood has taught me all that I need to know :biggrin:
Reply 19
Looks like the Plane just stalled in mid-air.

Anyways, there's plenty of other clips around (on Youtube) of real life plane crashes. For me, the most memorable one is when the Concorde crashed (although the video clip only shows it catching fire at the back whilst falling).

Also, it's interesting to listen to the cockpit black box recorders (the last words of the pilots before the crash), that can be pretty eerie. I noticed a lot of the times they don't speak (moments from crashing) possibly due to shock, but you do sometimes get; "we're going to die..." , "I love you (insert name)" etc.

[video="youtube;Oql_rQiGRAM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oql_rQiGRAM[/video]

Don't get nightmares :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply