Help! Need a formal letter to the headteacher?

Watch
DonaJ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok, so our school randomly decided to make gcse pe short course compulsory. Like,, I don't mind having a pe lesson for fitness etc, but making it a gcse...really? And like this includes theory and pratical and blah blah and 95% of my year group have gained a D or below in pe tests and in their reports. It's not just that I don't want to do gcse pe but its also time consuming (we acc get pe hw!!!) and its an actual gcse and although some may say no unis would look at it, im still not convinced and neither are the majority of the students. Sooo me and a couple of my friends are gonna write a letter to give to the headteacher, and get like 100s of students to sign the petition. And I guess am kind of rude and not good with these formal stuff, so any suggestions on how I should write it?
Advertisement
tory88
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dear Mr/Mrs. [surname]

I am writing to express my views on the recent changes in the GCSE compulsory list with regard to PE. Whilst I have no issue with taking PE lessons, and indeed appreciate the importance of exercise, I feel that actually sitting an exam and taking it as an examined subject will be detrimental to my studies. This is because....[reasons with explanation]

Thank you for taking the time to read this, if you would like to discuss this further please contact me on [preferred contact method, probably an email].

Yours Sincerely,

[your name]
[your class/form]
DonaJ
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by tory88)
Dear Mr/Mrs. [surname]

I am writing to express my views on the recent changes in the GCSE compulsory list with regard to PE. Whilst I have no issue with taking PE lessons, and indeed appreciate the importance of exercise, I feel that actually sitting an exam and taking it as an examined subject will be detrimental to my studies. This is because....[reasons with explanation]

Thank you for taking the time to read this, if you would like to discuss this further please contact me on [preferred contact method, probably an email].

Yours Sincerely,

[your name]
[your class/form]
Thanks, but we had to stop the petition because no one would sign it cuz the last time someone made a petition like this, every1 who were part of it got an smd ( like a serious detention) and so everyones just too scared. Thanks anyways!
Jord1995
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A detention for writing a petition? Obviously it wasn't a serious thing if you were given SMDs for it...

I'd still confront the issue, I refused to even do PE at all at high school- was given permission to spend the 3 hours each week on actual revision for my GCSES. = PERFECT!.. Good luck!
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think a petition would have achieved much but if they gave you detentions for simply expressing an opinion (assuming you're telling us the whole story), that's outrageous. Maybe get your parents to write in?

Have you actually tried to find out why they made everyone do it? They might have a good reason.
Advertisement
ygyg
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hi
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (67)
4.66%
Uncertainty around my education (222)
15.45%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (155)
10.79%
Lack of purpose or motivation (205)
14.27%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (63)
4.38%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (83)
5.78%
Loneliness (129)
8.98%
Financial worries (49)
3.41%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (65)
4.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (68)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (74)
5.15%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (124)
8.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (133)
9.26%

Watched Threads