Anyone taking B1, C1, P1 & B2, C2, P2 Higher tier in May/June Watch

JustAnotherExam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all, I was wondering how many of you guys are taking the B1, C1, P1 & B2, C2, P2 exams for higher tier starting on the 14th May. If you are, please feel free to share how you revise for this, what questions you think there will be in the exam.

I'm being really honest with myself and I have to say that I have only just started revising for all of the exams. Are there any revision tips that I should use (specifically for these exams).

Feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks
dandaman7771
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi
I'm just resitting P1 and doing all the 3s, but I would say that past papers are the key, as well as revision guides and just take in and understand as much of the content as possible.

Hope that helps and that your exams go well.
Tom Murphy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there!

I'm sitting the P2 and C2 exams in summer. (Sat all the ones last year and C2 in November) For each exam, as someone has said before, I make sure I understand everything in the specific text books and revision guides. I do this by making notes on each unit (ie P2.1, B2.4 etc etc), as well as drawing out any necessary diagrams. When I fully understand the topic and am ready for any question about that specific area I move on to the next one. At the end of my revision session i'll read through all my notes to re-assure myself I know those specific units.

Good luck in your exams with some solid revision you'll go in there and destroy them!
JustAnotherExam
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies guys
CuteMissJessica
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm retaking B2 on the 14th May. Has anyone got any idea what topics might come up? Is anyone interested in revising?
romaar_v
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi, I'm taking both exams this year!
I have only just started revising for P2,B2,C2 which is my first exam
I do mindmaps for every topic of each subject then once ive read through those I do a past paper.
Past papers are defo the best way to do well in an exam and you can find them on the exam board website.
Hope that helped
Decerto
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing B1 on 20th May.
lubsjk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing C1, C2, and C3.

For me, the magic keys are past papers, examiners' reports, and being familiar with the mark scheme. I also have revision posters on my wall for each module. Revision posters is something new for me. I've never tried it before but so far so good

Good luck on all of your exams everyone!
JustAnotherExam
Rep:
?
Hi all, what I've been doing is getting post it notes and sticking them all over my revision guide (CGP). I feel it helps me learn better this way and also, ask your teacher to give you some recent past papers as i've managed to get hold of a January 22nd 2013 B2 paper which is not on the AQA site.

Good luck all!
missfats
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
C1- cantwait!
P1: *diez*
Victoriapownall
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JustAnotherExam)
Hi all, I was wondering how many of you guys are taking the B1, C1, P1 & B2, C2, P2 exams for higher tier starting on the 14th May. If you are, please feel free to share how you revise for this, what questions you think there will be in the exam.

I'm being really honest with myself and I have to say that I have only just started revising for all of the exams. Are there any revision tips that I should use (specifically for these exams).

Feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks
I'm taking B1 and C1 higher tier,there both retakes as I didn't bother revising last year and ended up with a B and C :/. I got an A* in P1 so I've worked out that I need to get 85ums in each paper to get an A* overall in core science ! I should be able to achieve this if I put the effort in but I'm still really stressing myself about them seeing as I done so bad last year !
Victoriapownall
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JustAnotherExam)
Hi all, what I've been doing is getting post it notes and sticking them all over my revision guide (CGP). I feel it helps me learn better this way and also, ask your teacher to give you some recent past papers as i've managed to get hold of a January 22nd 2013 B2 paper which is not on the AQA site.

Good luck all!
Go on this website for past papers and marks schemes from January 2013 as well as all past years !
http://noadswood.hants.sch.uk/scienc...Chemistry.html
Victoriapownall
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by missfats)
C1- cantwait!
P1: *diez*
Go on this website for past papers and marks schemes from January 2013 as well as all past years !
send me your email and I will send you over loads of end of topic tests and mark schemes for P1
Victoriapownall
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lubsjk)
I'm doing C1, C2, and C3.

For me, the magic keys are past papers, examiners' reports, and being familiar with the mark scheme. I also have revision posters on my wall for each module. Revision posters is something new for me. I've never tried it before but so far so good

Good luck on all of your exams everyone!
Victoriapownall
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tom Murphy)
Hi there!

I'm sitting the P2 and C2 exams in summer. (Sat all the ones last year and C2 in November) For each exam, as someone has said before, I make sure I understand everything in the specific text books and revision guides. I do this by making notes on each unit (ie P2.1, B2.4 etc etc), as well as drawing out any necessary diagrams. When I fully understand the topic and am ready for any question about that specific area I move on to the next one. At the end of my revision session i'll read through all my notes to re-assure myself I know those specific units.

Good luck in your exams with some solid revision you'll go in there and destroy them!
Victoriapownall
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dandaman7771)
Hi
I'm just resitting P1 and doing all the 3s, but I would say that past papers are the key, as well as revision guides and just take in and understand as much of the content as possible.

Hope that helps and that your exams go well.
JohnCun97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Doing the second half of C2, P2 and B2 at the end of May, god help me
lolface32
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Doing unit 3 exams but still have to do C2 . How's everyone feeling 'bout the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Frank the Tankk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've got my P2 and B2 in the next couple of weeks and if I get about 90 ums in both I'll get an A* which I think is quite achievable if I put in some effort...don't revise like I do, I just sit and read through notes and my revision guide:| luckily the way I am I can take it in but it's just getting the details that I miss by revising so quickly
Caitlan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've got for the summer:
P1, P3 (Resitting one because I need an A at least - I'm not very good at science)
B2 (Missed it because of snow), B3
C3

http://www.youtube.com/mygcsescience

^ You are welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1099)
79.12%
Leave (290)
20.88%

Watched Threads