The Student Room Group

Mob of 40-50 Sikhs attack restaurant in Leicester

Can't believe I just heard about this:

"The owner and two members of staff were going about their lawful business and several members of the public, occupying four or five tables, including women and children, were eating there and enjoying themselves," said Gordon Aspden, prosecuting.

"The attack happened without warning, when the group began smashing the front windows of the restaurant.

"Armed men entered, from the front and rear. Many had their faces covered with scarves and hoods. Some were carrying ceremonial knives, metal bars, nunchucks and bricks.

"The sheer terror caused can't be over-emphasised. The premises were completely trashed, with furniture, glasses and plates smashed and carpets fouled with food and blood. It was wanton destruction.

"The owner was hit on the head by flying glass and forced into the kitchen, where he was stabbed in the chest and right arm and punched repeatedly.

"The waiter had hot water and chilli sauce thrown over him before suffering a life-threatening stab wound to his liver, while repeatedly being punched and kicked. The chef was stabbed in the back and hit over the head."

A husband and wife with their three children were finishing their ice creams when the mayhem broke out.

The husband was punched and retreated to the kitchen where a pan of hot curry was poured over him.

Mr Aspden said: "Two of his children followed him and saw what happened, and one was injured by a flying glass."

The man was the only witness willing to make a statement, as everyone else was too fearful.

People were seen fleeing in terror and covered in blood.

The emergency services were called and who arrived quickly, moments after the mob fled. Mr Aspden said Pc Jennifer Collins's actions at the scene were "exemplary".

He said: "Her uniform was covered in so much blood, through helping the injured, it was used as an exhibit."

Two witnesses gave the police a registration number of one of the vehicles at the scene, a VW Golf, which was stopped northbound on the M1.

Masking tape had been used to alter its registration number, to try to evade the police.

Six of the defendants, all from Derby, were in the car: Surjit Pandher (28), a former prison warden, of Northfield, who owned the car; Gurmukh Singh Cheema (25), of Harrington Street; Ranjit Singh (21), of Harrington Street; Sundeep Singh Sangha (25), a gas heating engineer, of Wordsworth Avenue; Rajveer Singh Sangha (24), a college student, of Wordsworth Avenue; and Ranvir Singh (21), of Harrington Street.

Mr Aspden said blood-stained gloves were found in the car.

The seventh defendant, Kahan Khalsa (26), of Oldbury, Birmingham, was later arrested in the West Midlands.

All seven men pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit violent disorder, on the basis they played no part in the stabbings or beatings.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Court-hears-horrific-attack-Leicester-curry-house/story-18822167-detail/story.html#axzz2S5GjZviu
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Very naughty.
Reply 2
Absolutely disgusting, was this a random attack?

The cowardice it takes to do something like this.

EDIT: Having read the article it seems like a case of attempted vigilantism. There's no excuse for what they did and I seriously hope those involved go down for a long, long time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
No one will even blink at this, such is multicultural Britain. Why do we accept this state of affairs?
Reply 4
Original post by thesabbath
No one will even blink at this, such is multicultural Britain. Why do we accept this state of affairs?

What has this got to do with 'multicultural Britain'?
I saw the link and thought they would be south Asian, saw the names and was proven correct.
Reply 6
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
I saw the link and thought they would be south Asian, saw the names and was proven correct.

So?

It is Leicester.
what was the movtivation for the bad attack?
Reply 8
And because they're sikhs they can legally carry a sword around :rolleyes:

Is it a cultural thing for them to take the law into their own hands?
(edited 10 years ago)
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/men-appear-Leicester-Crown-Court-exploitation/story-18342604-detail/story.html#axzz2S5NCe83s

Its over facebook that this was the supposed reason, can't say how reliable that info is though. Obviously either way still the wrong thing to do and fully deserve to be punished.

Erm.

I don't know any Sikhs that are not south asian.
Original post by Fusion

Is it a cultural thing for them to take the law into their own hands?

Yes lets makes generalisations based of one incident.

I saw atleast a few hundred white EDL supporters basically riot in Leicester 2 years ago and basically attack any asian/asian business in site.

Is it a cultural thing for white people to viciously attack ethnic minorities???
(Thats literally how stupid your generalisation sounds)
Reply 12
Original post by thesabbath

You see many groups of whites doing this sort of mob violent crimes.
So why you bring race into this when a bunch of Asians do it?
Absolutely deplorable, I wonder what on earth the motivation was?
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
Absolutely deplorable, I wonder what on earth the motivation was?

They thought someone at the restaurant had abused one of their girls, but it turns out none of them did

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Derby-men-jailed-lawless-anarchy-ransacked/story-18822060-detail/story.html
Original post by Scumbaggio
Erm.

I don't know any Sikhs that are not south asian.

Erm.

Have a look at what the title of the thread was when I posted...
Erm.

Have a look at what the title of the thread was when I posted...

No idea how I would do that.

Just tell me what is was.
Yet another opportunity for ignorant individuals to claim it is 'multicultural' Britain that is the cause of this.

It has nothing to do with their race. It is to do with their stupidity. People can be idiots, regardless of what race they belong to.

What happened here was disgusting, and I hope they get punished with the full force of the law.

However, do not tar us all with the same brush.
Reply 18
LOL not everybody in a community is perfect, why would you make a thread about it? A bit silly.

On a happier note though, What was the young Sikh's hobby? Singhing. :biggrin:
Original post by Durantula
Yet another opportunity for ignorant individuals to claim it is 'multicultural' Britain that is the cause of this.

It has nothing to do with their race. It is to do with their stupidity. People can be idiots, regardless of what race they belong to.

What happened here was disgusting, and I hope they get punished with the full force of the law.

However, do not tar us all with the same brush.

That isn't necessarily true, if they were all Indian Sikhs and the people they were attacking were another ethnic or religious group then that might indicate race was an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending