The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oooh and Desmond Morris, the Monkey Man. His studies into human behaviour and communication are fantastic. As are his books
Reply 2
Either Prof Sir Paul Nurse or Prof Sir Gareth Roberts....
My role model? Me.

And Homer Simpson. And Peter Schmiechel.
OOoh and Britney Spears....I'm not a girl, not yet a woman...it's just soooooo true.

And she could TOTALLY kick Xtina's ass anyday!
Reply 5
Oh! Or Prof James Parry.

All have been really inspirational to me and all have supported me in my quest to better myself!
Fluffy
Oh! Or Prof James Parry.

All have been really inspirational to me and all have supported me in my quest to better myself!

First of all who are these people, I'm a thick media student and don't know (not true but makes you write it in the simplest way) and second....did you hear me Xtina...Britney could HAVE you!
Danithestudent
First of all who are these people, I'm a thick media student and don't know (not true but makes you write it in the simplest way) and second....did you hear me Xtina...Britney could HAVE you!

I'd love Britney to have me :wink:

But I fight dirrty so beware now...
Reply 8
Danithestudent

Paul Nurse won the Nobel prize for med a few years back - used to front CRUK, worked on the same organism as I did during PhD. He spent years trying to get accepted into Uni, but in those days you had to pass a latin exam and he didn't know any latin - how phooked up is that?

Gareth Roberts is the president of my college - he's delivered the Royal Socs Christmas Lectures, is a government advisor on science and post graduate research (Roberts report) and is part of the organ retention committee. He's also a bloody good laugh, and although he may like to think he can out drink me, he can not!

Jim Parry was my tutor during my first degree. He made me realise I was not stupid as I had always been told at school and made me fight for what I wanted. I would never h ave gotten to Oxford without him. He's a top guy. He can out drink me. The man is a legend!
Danithestudent
Who is your role model?
And who is your serious one?

My role model is Cosmo from Fairly Oddparents (he's amazzzing :biggrin:)
My real role model is either my dad or Kate Adie...not sure who at the moment....it depends if my dad's given me cash that day.
He did today but it "allll gone" so it has returned to neutral

Michael Collins, the man was truly a legend. He lived and died for Ireland. He was thrown into a political battlefield with churchill, when he wasn't even a politician, but a soldier. He came out with the document that sealed an Irish Free State, leading to The Republic of Ireland. When he signed the Anglo-Irish treaty, he said that he may have just 'signed his own death warrant'. That he had. Ireland drifted into civil war, culminating in Collins' death in an ambush.

Some may say that if he were never born, this Island would still be under the grip of the British Monarch. Unfortunately, Michael's dream of a Re-unified Ireland has not come about.
Reply 10
Danithestudent
Who is your role model?

My real role model is either my dad or Kate Adie...not sure who at the moment....it depends if my dad's given me cash that day.

When I clicked reply I was thinking "no problem, this is easy" now I'm not so sure.
One of my role models would have to be my friend Carrie.
The other would be my great (x4) grandmother, born and raised a cherokee. I grew up hearing some great stories (not all true I'm sure) but very interesting none the less.
Woodsy
Michael Collins, the man was truly a legend. He lived and died for Ireland. He was thrown into a political battlefield with churchill, when he wasn't even a politician, but a soldier. He came out with the document that sealed an Irish Free State, leading to The Republic of Ireland. When he signed the Anglo-Irish treaty, he said that he may have just 'signed his own death warrant'. That he had. Ireland drifted into civil war, culminating in Collins' death in an ambush.

Some may say that if he were never born, this Island would still be under the grip of the British Monarch. Unfortunately, Michael's dream of a Re-unified Ireland has not come about.

I wish we'd been nicer to Ireland...they'd be great to have as part of the country again.
Maybe then Ken Livingston would let London, the capital of England have a St George's day parade as well :mad:

I hate that man so much
Andrew Johns:
Infinity
When I clicked reply I was thinking "no problem, this is easy" now I'm not so sure.
One of my role models would have to be my friend Carrie.
The other would be my great (x4) grandmother, born and raised a cherokee. I grew up hearing some great stories (not all true I'm sure) but very interesting none the less.

I'm part Iraqui (is that how it's spelt because it always comes out looking like Iraqi)
Reply 14
Danithestudent
Who is your role model?

John Nash. Truth be told, I don't know much about him.
Richard Feynman
For some reason I think Vladimir Putin appeals somehow.
XTinaA
For some reason I think Vladimir Putin appeals somehow.

A bit like ice-cream on a cold day?
Reply 18
Danithestudent
I'm part Iraqui (is that how it's spelt because it always comes out looking like Iraqi)

Iroquois :wink: Cool. Do you know anything about them or their traditions or were you raised outside of all that?
Danithestudent

HAve you heard 'Indian Sunset' by Elton John Infinity?

Latest

Trending

Trending