Interview MSc Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology Watch

rosarie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone! I applied to the MSc Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology at UCL/Anna Freud Center/Yale, and was just invited for an interview next week! Since I am currently in Mexico, it will be a phone interview. I was wondering whether anyone has any tips that could be helpful regarding the interview. What kind of questions will be asked? What is the general tone of the interview? Formal or casual?

It would be great to hear the experiences of people who already had their interview for this course (or another one). Thanks a lot!

Best,

Rosa
Salam323
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi. I just got offered an interview and was wondering what did they ask you and how was it?

farraasmhd
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was thinking to apply and also wondering how the interview goes..
Salam32
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi
I did the interview yesterday and it was very short and relaxing. They just asked me to name a neuroscience theory linked to a disease and if I know anything about psycho analytic theory. That was pretty much it.
smaw06
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Salam32)
Hi
I did the interview yesterday and it was very short and relaxing. They just asked me to name a neuroscience theory linked to a disease and if I know anything about psycho analytic theory. That was pretty much it.

@Salam - Hey, I am thinking of applying for this program too. How long did it take from once you submitted the application to get an interview?
Lynette Yung
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rosarie)
Hi everyone! I applied to the MSc Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology at UCL/Anna Freud Center/Yale, and was just invited for an interview next week! Since I am currently in Mexico, it will be a phone interview. I was wondering whether anyone has any tips that could be helpful regarding the interview. What kind of questions will be asked? What is the general tone of the interview? Formal or casual?

It would be great to hear the experiences of people who already had their interview for this course (or another one). Thanks a lot!

Best,

Rosa

Hi! Just wondering how it all went in the end
Lynette Yung
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi

Hello Salam, hope the interview went superb! Just wondering if they asked you anymore questions? Surely that wasn't all! Did they ask about research experiences? I'm so terrified of interviews, and it's swaying my decision on applying (yes I am that scared)!!!

Any tips on the types of questions they'd ask would help greatly! Thank you
Lynette Yung
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi
A neuroscience theory linked to a disease....you mean a neuroscientific concept that explains mental disorders? I'm sorry, can you elaborate on this. This doesn't make much sense.
Salam32
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lynette Yung)
Hello Salam, hope the interview went superb! Just wondering if they asked you anymore questions? Surely that wasn't all! Did they ask about research experiences? I'm so terrified of interviews, and it's swaying my decision on applying (yes I am that scared)!!!

Any tips on the types of questions they'd ask would help greatly! Thank you

That was much pretty much it but they did ask why I wanted to do this course and my experience in using the SPS software.
Salam32
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by smaw06)
@Salam - Hey, I am thinking of applying for this program too. How long did it take from once you submitted the application to get an interview?

It it took around 4 weeks.
Salam32
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lynette Yung)
A neuroscience theory linked to a disease....you mean a neuroscientific concept that explains mental disorders? I'm sorry, can you elaborate on this. This doesn't make much sense.

Yeah basically so for instance the weak central coherence theory that tries to explain autism and explain the evidence for this so structural abnormalities in the brain e.g. the tempo-parietal junction. And just talk about the advantages and disadv
Lynette Yung
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello Salam, many thanks for your helpful replies. Strange they didn't ask about research experience, because I know quite a few universities hone in on this question.

Ah getting it now. I may try and apply (although it's a little last minute now). Do you know when you're going to receive a confirmation? Really excited for you, and hope you get accepted! Do report back on the good news when you get it!
Lynette Yung
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That was much pretty much it but they did ask why I wanted to do this course and my experience in using the SPS software.
Also just wanted to ask if the interview was quite formal, and approximately how long did it take? Sorry for all the questions, and I appreciate the tips and advice. It really makes me less nervous about doing interviews. Thank you!
smaw06
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, did anyone get into the program?
Qihao Huang
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hello, everyone! Did you get into the programme? How is it?
Qihao Huang
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah basically so for instance the weak central coherence theory that tries to explain autism and explain the evidence for this so structural abnormalities in the brain e.g. the tempo-parietal junction. And just talk about the advantages and disadv

Hi!how was your interview? did you get an offer now?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads