The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

I need accomodation in September!

I have my journalism interview tomorrow, and if I get in I want to live nearer to bower ashton, but not in halls.
I don't mind living anywhere from clifton onwards in the direction towards the campus :smile:.
Don't mind sharing with 1 or 10 people, let me know if you too will be starting a degree at bower ashton in September and would like to look for private accomodation to share too!! :smile:
Reply 1
Hey:smile:
i am doing media and journalism at bower Ashton campus in September as well. I've been looking at halls but they seem a bit expensive! Not sure about them. I'd definitely be up for looking into getting private accommodation near the campus! Do you know yet whether you're on the course? :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Jessocka
Hey:smile:
i am doing media and journalism at bower Ashton campus in September as well. I've been looking at halls but they seem a bit expensive! Not sure about them. I'd definitely be up for looking into getting private accommodation near the campus! Do you know yet whether you're on the course? :smile:

Hey, I got in with an unconditional offer:smile: but I also got a place on the English course:/?? So I don't know which to pick. Either way I think I'd like to look for a private place in the centre. I know English will be run at Fishponds, but it is only one half hour bus and I much prefer the centre for its nightlife and job opportunities :smile:...... I know, halls are ridiculously expensive!. Whereabouts are you from?? I currently live in Bristol, and have done all my life, but I live in North Bristol, in Avonmouth
Reply 3
I've got an unconditional for media and journalism so will definitely be doing that :smile: well done on getting offers for both! I'm from Bath, so know the centre of Bristol quite well but none of the rest! Is that why you're going for private as you may not be eligible for halls? I have applied for halls but am thinking that private accommodation might be nicer and more relaxed? What sort of thing/area were you thinking?
Reply 4
Original post by Jessocka
I've got an unconditional for media and journalism so will definitely be doing that :smile: well done on getting offers for both! I'm from Bath, so know the centre of Bristol quite well but none of the rest! Is that why you're going for private as you may not be eligible for halls? I have applied for halls but am thinking that private accommodation might be nicer and more relaxed? What sort of thing/area were you thinking?

Woow, go you :smile: Well Ihave thought about it a little more and I think I will probably be choosing to study English as the structure seems to have everything I like in it, just a shame it's in Fishponds! But I am willing to make the travel everyday from the centre to there as I know it's worth it :smile:.

Regarding renting, I don't think I'd be elegible for halls, and I definately would not want to live in Frenchay halls either (Awful, although some will disagree!). I do have a friend called Katy who will also be studying in Fishponds, but has said she'd rent in the centre too, and I know someone else already at Bower Ashton who is looking to rent in the centre. So if you're interested we could look for a 3/4 bedroomed house al together!.

Umm seeing as you're from bath, I just wanna say too that the person I know who is already at Bower Ashton travels from Avonmouth to there each day, which is two busses, but he has been managing it fine :smile: So don't feel that if you go private you must live in the centre, because it is practical to live on the outskirts of Bristol also. E.g. Places such as Westbury on trym, stoke bishop, sea mills, combe dingle and shirehampton are okay places to live :smile: Let me know what you think, and sorry for the long reply! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending