Law Modules Watch

This discussion is closed.
alocin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I'm sure I only just arrived at uni to study law, but no apparantly it is nearly Easter and most of the first year is gone! Scary. Anyway now comes the time when we have to start choosing modules to study in the second and third years. Here at Cardiff we can choose anything from the list, none are compulsory, except we have to do the core ones to make it a qualifying degree.

Getting to the point: what more "exotic" modules have people done/are they thinking of doing? Why did you pick them and what were they like? In fact what modules does your uni offer? We have some quite bizarre ones - Maritime Law and the Comparative Law of Religion to name but two! I am fairly sure I want to do Evidence in the second year but I'm not sure what to pick for my other "exotic" non-core module, so any opinions from other law students would be welcome.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well my syllabus is really restricted cos I'm doing 3 and a bit years in 2 and so I've done public and admin, property, tort, contract and introduction to law this year. Next year I have to do further property and further one of the others and do criminal. So I only get two options and one of those is a dissertation. I'm getting some work exp over the summer so I'm going to make my decision then about which subject is the best choice.
alocin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Don't you have to do EC Law? I thought that was one of the core modules. Or is it covered in another topic there?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed