Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    on the envelopes where you've posted, otherwise you have to read through all the subject lines to see if remember posting in any of them. ok not a problem to the nuts who post everywhere, but those who pick and choose are screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    on the envelopes where you've posted, otherwise you have to read through all the subject lines to see if remember posting in any of them. ok not a problem to the nuts who post everywhere, but those who pick and choose are screwed
    Not only that but as pencil queen pointed out earlier, you don't get the little box that gives the first line or so of a thread when you hover over the link. And have you noticed that noones online?

ReputationRep:
    Theres a thread in the about UKL section that mentioned this - apparantly "there have been some changes". I miss the preview box thingy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Not only that but as pencil queen pointed out earlier, you don't get the little box that gives the first line or so of a thread when you hover over the link. And have you noticed that noones online?
    Maybe we are just spirits in the afterlife of an oblique forum. Is this where all good posters go after death? I can't see you and you can't see me. Or maybe not, you can tell I need sleep due to the amount of crap that would be classed as spam coming out of my mind. With that unpleasent thought I bid you all a fond farewell. Night.

BOO!!!

maybe everyones decided to go invisible (like me). i did post a link to a page that shows who's online (hint: its a very easy-to-guess word followed by .php) but it was moderated and apparently linking to that page is not allowed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Maybe we are just spirits in the afterlife of an oblique forum. Is this where all good posters go after death? I can't see you and you can't see me. Or maybe not, you can tell I need sleep due to the amount of crap that would be classed as spam coming out of my mind. With that unpleasent thought I bid you all a fond farewell. Night.

BOO!!!
    Gah! You had to do it didn't you?
    Oh gawd, UKL purgatory. :eek:
    I want to go back!
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm not dead yet!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    scary, everyone must be posting and then really quickly logging out. Maybe if you sit on the main screen and keep refreshing you'll catch someone............

Preview thing, I never used it, but I always used the black dots.

Are these the new "improvements" we've been promised?

(this will get moved to the about sub, but i didn't post there because noone would've replied)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralGrievous)
    maybe everyones decided to go invisible (like me). i did post a link to a page that shows who's online (hint: its a very easy-to-guess word followed by .php) but it was moderated and apparently linking to that page is not allowed.
    Nah, cause when your in invisible mode your shown as offline in your profile, and some of the recent posters are shown as online at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    i liked the dots and the preview I'd swap them for the rep system anyday.

ReputationRep:
    scary, everyone must be posting and then really quickly logging out. Maybe if you sit on the main screen and keep refreshing you'll catch someone............

Preview thing, I never used it, but I always used the black dots.

Are these the new "improvements" we've been promised?

(this will get moved to the about sub, but i didn't post there because noone would've replied)
    Yeah but your online now, do you see your own name? Mine isn't there and it always was before even in invisible mode it shows up like this *Infinity

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but your online now, do you see your own name? Mine isn't there and it always was before even in invisible mode it shows up like this *Infinity
    ok, i'll stop making glaringly obvious jokes......

Seriously, how much worse til it gets to s-cool level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    i liked the dots and the preview I'd swap them for the rep system anyday.
    That may be the next thing to mysteriously dissapear, I can imagine some people will be quite upset if it does.

and now you cant see when the mods are online, (ickle_katy and expression are online now - how many of you knew that?) and that could be a bad thing, as you wouldn't know who to contact if there was insubordination, and spammers will do it more often now.

ReputationRep:
    ok, i'll stop making glaringly obvious jokes......

Seriously, how much worse til it gets to s-cool level?
    Ohhhhh! Sorry, I'm tired I've been up since 4 am, not used to getting up that early. My bad.

ReputationRep:
    maybe this is temporary but I do think it would have been considerate to start a thread letting us know whats going on before changing loads of things.

ReputationRep:
    and now you cant see when the mods are online, (ickle_katy and expression are online now - how many of you knew that?) and that could be a bad thing, as you wouldn't know who to contact if there was insubordination, and spammers will do it more often now.
    WHO ARE YOU?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they could make it so just the mods show up as on/offline, it's nice to know that there are one or two online if you do need to contact them.

WHO ARE YOU?
    my name is taken from a film that will be quite huge next year, probably the most anticipated sequel for 30 years.

ReputationRep:
    my name is taken from a film that will be quite huge next year, probably the most anticipated sequel for 30 years.
    Not what I meant. You seem to know alot for a new member, just wondering if it's an alias. Seems the popular thing to do latley.

ReputationRep:
    yep everyone seems to have a secret second account.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.