The Student Room Group

Still have no accommodation for second year

I will be going into second year and it's May and still haven't found any accommodation for next year. To makes things worse, I am unsure if I will even pass the first year, resits are in August and find out my resit results in early September, if worst comes to worst and I have to retake and I'm sure I will be going into second year, can I still find an accommodation in September?

I have checked with my Uni, and they don't allow second years.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
E-mail your student union, chances are they have a list of people still looking for flatmates. If not there are private student halls in some towns that they would know about. If not, then you can always go to estate agents and ask about studio flats, although that will cost substantially more than living with others.
Reply 3
Hi
you haven't said which university and availability of accommodation varies around the country, but if you should be able to find students still advertising for housemates because someone wants to drop out or they have a spare room etc. Renting privately like a non-student is an option at any time of year via newspaper adverts, websites etc. You don't need to limit yourself to traditional student sites. Your university will probably be able to give you some help.

Good luck with your exams
Reply 4
Original post by tory88
E-mail your student union, chances are they have a list of people still looking for flatmates. If not there are private student halls in some towns that they would know about. If not, then you can always go to estate agents and ask about studio flats, although that will cost substantially more than living with others.

Original post by marple
Hi
you haven't said which university and availability of accommodation varies around the country, but if you should be able to find students still advertising for housemates because someone wants to drop out or they have a spare room etc. Renting privately like a non-student is an option at any time of year via newspaper adverts, websites etc. You don't need to limit yourself to traditional student sites. Your university will probably be able to give you some help.

Good luck with your exams

Thanks for responding :smile:

I go to Kent if that makes any difference
Reply 5
Original post by User012
Thanks for responding :smile:

I go to Kent if that makes any difference

There are a few options you can try:
1) If your uni has homerun/something similar where landlords can advertise properties- homerun has a forum where people frequently post that they have a spare room or are looking for housemates
2) TSR accomodation section- again people posting with spare rooms/housemates wanted
3)http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/studentprivatehalls/studentaccommodation_lphs_Canterbury.asp

people looking for housemates on there
Original post by User012
I will be going into second year and it's May and still haven't found any accommodation for next year. To makes things worse, I am unsure if I will even pass the first year, resits are in August and find out my resit results in early September, if worst comes to worst and I have to retake and I'm sure I will be going into second year, can I still find an accommodation in September?

Thanks in advance.

If you're at all unsure you'll pass, then you've absolutely done the right thing by not sorting out accommodation yet. Check with your SU and Accommodation Office to get the local details, but they will probably advise you to wait until you get your results.
Reply 7
Original post by accomoffice
If you're at all unsure you'll pass, then you've absolutely done the right thing by not sorting out accommodation yet. Check with your SU and Accommodation Office to get the local details, but they will probably advise you to wait until you get your results.

Yeah thanks, the reason I haven't really sorted out accommodation for next year though is because I don't really have any friends :frown:

I think my main concern is just if people are still looking that late into the year.
Reply 8
Original post by User012

Thanks in advance.

I'm a first year at Kent still looking for a place to live next year. From what I have learnt while trying to find somewhere to rent, the there isn't exactly a shortage of properties and you can save a lot of money by living somewhere like Herne bay or Whitstable and using a student bus pass.

Hope that's useful

So are you still waiting, or looking for housemates yet?
Reply 9
Original post by pork eye
I'm a first year at Kent still looking for a place to live next year. From what I have learnt while trying to find somewhere to rent, the there isn't exactly a shortage of properties and you can save a lot of money by living somewhere like Herne bay or Whitstable and using a student bus pass.

Hope that's useful

So are you still waiting, or looking for housemates yet?

Yeah I guess an area with two Universities would have a lot of student accommodation so there shouldn't be a shortage. I guess I will be able to find somewhere in time or even last minute lol.
Reply 10
Try this website, it's where students/landlords advertise spare rooms.

http://www.homesforstudents.co.uk

I'm currently looking for accommodation with a course mate, if you want to message me and tell me a bit about yourself maybe we can form a group?
Reply 11
What course are you doing?
Reply 12
Original post by zaneela
What course are you doing?

I do Politics.
Reply 13
Oh ok, and are u at medway campus? Coz there is a double room if ur interested. It's o trinity road near the gym and a few mins from the shops and the uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending