Turn on thread page Beta

Please help me, I need some advice!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As I come from France I don't know much about the differences between british unis as in France they're all supposed to be the same. I've got unconditional offers from Saint Andrews(ancient histoory and art history),Durham(geography), York(environment) and King's (hist-geo). I am inclined to go to Saint Andrew sor Durham but I really don't know which is the best, the frendliest or the most fun aor the best employement prospect.Saint And is lovely but I'm afraid I might get bored after a few years but Durham's course seems great even if they didn't put me in the college I wanted! Thank you for anything you can tell me.

ReputationRep:
    Well i dont think its gonna make that much diffrence, employment wise, if u go to Saints or Dur. They r both good unis so go for the one that u like. Saints Andrew wasn;t like this b4 Prince Willi. go there.
    I think ud like Durham more so go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Well i dont think its gonna make that much diffrence, employment wise, if u go to Saints or Dur. They r both good unis so go for the one that u like. Saints Andrew wasn;t like this b4 Prince Willi. go there.
    I think ud like Durham more so go there.

Was Saint Andrews much less good before the Prince went there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nissa)
    As I come from France I don't know much about the differences between british unis as in France they're all supposed to be the same. I've got unconditional offers from Saint Andrews(ancient histoory and art history),Durham(geography), York(environment) and King's (hist-geo). I am inclined to go to Saint Andrew sor Durham but I really don't know which is the best, the frendliest or the most fun aor the best employement prospect.Saint And is lovely but I'm afraid I might get bored after a few years but Durham's course seems great even if they didn't put me in the college I wanted! Thank you for anything you can tell me.
    My geog teacher went to Durham (for geog obv) and i'm going to be applying there next year. From what i've heard/read it's a great place but the one downside (well its a downside for some) is the apparent lack of nightlife i.e. clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nissa)
    Hey Nissa, all these Universities are very well respected; in the group just below Oxbridge. All great places to live, but very different (St Andrews is tiny place, Kings - assuming you mean Kings College, London - is in the middle of the liveliest city in Europe.

P.S. Do I assume from your userid that you are feom Nice? Spent a few days there recently; great place. Loved the restaurant 'Le 22 Septembre'

ReputationRep:
    st andy's is lovely. i got unconditional for there to read geography, but i chose to stay in edinburgh for my undergrad and masters to save moolah.

i also applied to, and visited durham, but wasn't too keen to go there. some of my high school friends did their geography degree there; i guess the department there is quite good and reputable.

if you choose st andy's, edinburgh is only 1.5 hrs by train. prince wills sometimes comes down to party.

durham is near to newcastle...which is famous for its social scene. durham itself is quite small, quite historic.

since i'm scottish, i'd say, go to st andy's!!! (and not just because wills is there!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldMan)
    Hey Nissa, all these Universities are very well respected; in the group just below Oxbridge. All great places to live, but very different (St Andrews is tiny place, Kings - assuming you mean Kings College, London - is in the middle of the liveliest city in Europe.

P.S. Do I assume from your userid that you are feom Nice? Spent a few days there recently; great place. Loved the restaurant 'Le 22 Septembre'

Yeah I do live in Nice, Im studying law at the university and its just great, its been sunny for the last two weeks and its starting to be beach time!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koalapiyo)
    st andy's is lovely. i got unconditional for there to read geography, but i chose to stay in edinburgh for my undergrad and masters to save moolah.

i also applied to, and visited durham, but wasn't too keen to go there. some of my high school friends did their geography degree there; i guess the department there is quite good and reputable.

if you choose st andy's, edinburgh is only 1.5 hrs by train. prince wills sometimes comes down to party.

durham is near to newcastle...which is famous for its social scene. durham itself is quite small, quite historic.

since i'm scottish, i'd say, go to st andy's!!! (and not just because wills is there!).
    Did your friends like Durham? Was the course difficult?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.