Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can you make 6 different applications to Oxford or Cambridge (I know you can only apply to one or the other uni) as well as to 6 different colleges?Does this increase your chances of being accepted and can you apply while you're already starting adegree in another uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    No you can apply to either oxford *or* cambridge for a single course. Oxbridge is only allowed to take up one of your 6 choices.
    So if I decide to apply for Oxford I can anly apply for history for example?Ican't apply for geography,modern languages...to fill all the 6 places

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's right - only one uni/course combination out of your 6 can be for oxbridge

How come? Why don't they allow to increase ur chances of admission?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nissa)
    How come? Why don't they allow to increase ur chances of admission?

By the way do you know how to enter personal details in the profile thing???

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because they tend to interview nearly everyone and barely have time for that, so imagine having to fit in six as many interviews. Oxford and Cambridge interviews may clash.

Also, applying for several different subjects would show a lack of commitment to any one subject and that would really spoil your aplication to Oxbridge.

Remember, Oxbridge isn't the be all and end all of universities. Don't focus on it too much, or you'll just be heartbroken if you don't get in. Even if you get to another top uni you're still likely to get a good job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nissa)
    By the way do you know how to enter personal details in the profile thing???
    Click on the User CP button near the top of the page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by androidkiller)
    I think it's because they tend to interview nearly everyone and barely have time for that, so imagine having to fit in six as many interviews. Oxford and Cambridge interviews may clash.

Also, applying for several different subjects would show a lack of commitment to any one subject and that would really spoil your aplication to Oxbridge.

Remember, Oxbridge isn't the be all and end all of universities. Don't focus on it too much, or you'll just be heartbroken if you don't get in. Even if you get to another top uni you're still likely to get a good job.
    Yeah thanks I think you're right though I think I will have for a long time the nostalgic feeling of having never been to Oxbridge. By the way I've got unconditional offers from Durham and Saint And's, which is best in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Click on the User CP button near the top of the page.
    What's the User CP button, I'm afraid i'm not very good with computers. Can you put in on for me?I'm studying at Nice University ,I live in Cannes and I'm a boy and a Monaco football supporter!!!

ReputationRep:
    Noone else can change your profile information for you

Try clicking on this link

http://www.uk-learning.net/profile.php?do=editprofile

If not the usercp button is in the top right of the webpage - there should be a line of 5 blue buttons...it's there. Once you click on that there should be another link to your profile information

Thanks I managed!!!

ReputationRep:

This "you have to go to a top uni to get a good job" mentality is doing my head in. You don't. Sure it'll help, but it is far from essential.

ReputationRep:
    Surely thats what he said??!!!!!

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.