What should i study next year? Watch

This discussion is closed.
two_headed_monk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
o.k. im doing my As levels right now, and i droped one at the beginnig of the year and after talking to my form tutor i have established that i can pick one up at the beginnig of next year so ill be studying three A2's and 1 As. im already doing film, english and i.t. but i dont know what my other one should be. i like science and i think i might enjoy psychology, or photography, but im crap at art, havent ever studied psychology and i havent even looked at a science book since my GCSE's... help me
MC
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by two_headed_monk)
o.k. im doing my As levels right now, and i droped one at the beginnig of the year and after talking to my form tutor i have established that i can pick one up at the beginnig of next year so ill be studying three A2's and 1 As. im already doing film, english and i.t. but i dont know what my other one should be. i like science and i think i might enjoy psychology, or photography, but im crap at art, havent ever studied psychology and i havent even looked at a science book since my GCSE's... help me
You should also think about something which you know you will achieve in. There is no point in studying a subject if you will not get credited for it at the end of the year.
I think you should look into the science. Biology is pretty simple if you enjoy learning about the body and ecology and things like that, and its not too difficult to grasp.
two_headed_monk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
You should also think about something which you know you will achieve in. There is no point in studying a subject if you will not get credited for it at the end of the year.
I think you should look into the science. Biology is pretty simple if you enjoy learning about the body and ecology and things like that, and its not too difficult to grasp.
hmmmm, i was pretty good at biology.... but you see, im a natural born -slacker. i have the ability to probably get an a, but normally i just scrape a c. i am well aware of this and just want a subject that i will enjoy and find interesting. you see i watn to be a teacher when i finally decide to grow up, and i know it is possible ot become one even with medioca grades - my mother just became one, and she got like two o'levels..... and i want to set myself up to teach in a field that i enjoy....
so what im really saying is, do you think that biology is an enjoyable subject both for teachers and studdents?
Cyst
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hmmmm, i was pretty good at biology.... but you see, im a natural born -slacker. i have the ability to probably get an a, but normally i just scrape a c. i am well aware of this and just want a subject that i will enjoy and find interesting. you see i watn to be a teacher when i finally decide to grow up, and i know it is possible ot become one even with medioca grades - my mother just became one, and she got like two o'levels..... and i want to set myself up to teach in a field that i enjoy....
so what im really saying is, do you think that biology is an enjoyable subject both for teachers and studdents?
I study biology A' Level .Its the best subject to study, very interesting, and its unlikely that you will get bored of it. Also, does not require much work as long as you are aware of the simple concepts and can apply them, its just a matter of learning.
Another bonus is that it is a very highly respected course by universities.
two_headed_monk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cyst)
I study biology A' Level .Its the best subject to study, very interesting, and its unlikely that you will get bored of it. Also, does not require much work as long as you are aware of the simple concepts and can apply them, its just a matter of learning.
Another bonus is that it is a very highly respected course by universities.
eeexelent... i am warming up to this thign you call biology..... bwahahaha.....
Cyst
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, you should. You won't regret it.
suz19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't do Psychology unless it really interests you- I took it hoping that it would be the 'doss' subject that the media makes it out to be. I can't stand it because it really doesn't interest me.
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I find Chemistry fun but it may be involved and has a lot of theory. Physics is very maths intensive. You could do human based science like sociology or psyc as they don't need much in the way of prior experience.
I personaly can't stand biology.
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
photography can be good, less likely to bore, and you don't have to be good at art. But really you should think what will help you more in the long run, (career prospects) and will you pass?
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
don't choose until you are sure
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise