Theories on life: History Essay of French Dictation?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Well, i'll explain to all those who aren't informed as to Red Dwarf.
Basically, rimmer (Guy with a big H on his head), made this theory that peoples lives are either 'history essay' or 'french dictation'.
History essay is that a person starts with nothing, and then gains 'points' with each achievement they make.
French dictation is that they start with 100%, and then lose points for each failure that they make.

Which would you say you are?
shazza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Well, i'll explain to all those who aren't informed as to Red Dwarf.
Basically, rimmer (Guy with a big H on his head), made this theory that peoples lives are either 'history essay' or 'french dictation'.
History essay is that a person starts with nothing, and then gains 'points' with each achievement they make.
French dictation is that they start with 100%, and then lose points for each failure that they make.

Which would you say you are?
You have to make a lifestyle, not destroy one.
shazza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
but I suppose if you are born into an amazingly rich, famous family, you have everything, and have everything to loose, but for most people I hink it is the history thing!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.83%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (55)
8.27%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.78%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (80)
12.03%
Other reasons are stopping me going (86)
12.93%
Nothing is stopping me going (267)
40.15%

Watched Threads