When you send your CV via email, do you write anything in the email itself? Watch

This discussion is closed.
PC2852
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Or is it okay just to send your CV with the relevant subject title?
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do write like dear .... I saw the job ad on ..... and am interested in the position of ...... . You will find my CV and a cover letter attached to this e-mail etc.
s4mm13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I usually use the email as the cover letter and then just attach the cv

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rising_Sun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think its better to write in the E-mail like why you are sending the CV for what post or studies etc...
without the covering letter its hard and a bit rude. Just sending the CV means telling like.. hey here is my CV look at it.
threeportdrift
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PC2852)
Or is it okay just to send your CV with the relevant subject title?
You send the CV and covering letter as attachments and the email just contains a short explanation like

Dear HR Manager,

Please find attached my CV and covering letter as application for the [job title] position as advertised [wherever]. If you have any further questions or need to documents in a different format, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks

Your Name
heyterryhenry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
threeportdrift has hit the nail on the head; it doesn't need to be much, just a simple greeting and spiel wherein you state what the email is acknowleding, what's with it (attachments) and a polite message about whether anything else is needed.

You should always write something because not only is it more personal to whoever's on the receiving end, it's more professional. A blank email with your CV (and cover letter) attached suggests that you're not interested and/or that you're churning the emails out so much that you've no time to write anything in it! I'd then follow it up a week or so later with another polite email/phone call, if you'd not heard anything back. This is a good article offering advice on how to follow up an application, etc, if you want some tips on what to do next, too!
jenhasdreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
See more:
What do you say when you email a CV?
What to put on the subject line when sending a cv for a job through email?
Emailing my CV & Portfolio... What do I put in the email?
X

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (27)
15.43%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (11)
6.29%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (10)
5.71%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (20)
11.43%
Monster Munch (14)
8%