Girls: if a guy gives you his number, how soon will you text him? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Providing you fancy him/like him, how soon would you text him?

Even if you don't fancy him, but see him as a friend, how long?

In my experience, it's been 4 days (5 on sunday) and no text
I won't be seeing her for a long while. We chatted and got along and I liked her so I gave her my number and she seemed really glad to receive it. Once again, I'm in the friendzone, nothing new. :yawn:
PrincePauper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Providing you fancy him/like him, how soon would you text him?

Even if you don't fancy him, but see him as a friend, how long?

In my experience, it's been 4 days (5 on sunday) and no text
I won't be seeing her for a long while. We chatted and got along and I liked her so I gave her my number and she seemed really glad to receive it. Once again, I'm in the friendzone, nothing new. :yawn:
normally its meant to be that same night. otherwise in the morn (if out). If nothing still then
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PrincePauper)
normally its meant to be that same night. otherwise in the morn (if out). If nothing still then
Yeah. Not too surprised, she was gorgeous and thought i 'd give it a shot. That's why I gave her MY number so the ball is in her court. If she does a little bit of chasing then I will know I'm onto a winner
PrincePauper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah. Not too surprised, she was gorgeous and thought i 'd give it a shot. That's why I gave her MY number so the ball is in her court. If she does a little bit of chasing then I will know I'm onto a winner
no, you take THEIR number! You are there with a rod and a bait to get the goldfish whilst surrounded by sharks lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PrincePauper)
no, you take THEIR number! You are there with a rod and a bait to get the goldfish whilst surrounded by sharks lol
But if I took her number, how would I know if she was interested initially. Can't face rejection from girls again and again, it hurts lol.
It's time the girl made a move! Not wasting my texts on a girl that may not like me
PrincePauper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
But if I took her number, how would I know if she was interested initially. Can't face rejection from girls again and again, it hurts lol.
It's time the girl made a move! Not wasting my texts on a girl that may not like me
Everyone gets rejected now and then. You take her number so you can at least carry on with a convo/ try and get her to like you.

Now you have nothing as you are relying on her to get back in touch.

Plenty of fish anyway
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If I liked a guy I'd probably text him the day after I met him. If I just viewed him as a friend I'd wait a few days.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by eliza.anne)
If I liked a guy I'd probably text him the day after I met him. If I just viewed him as a friend I'd wait a few days.
Mmmm I guess so. She's quite shy too which may be why she hasn't texted yet...
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mmmm I guess so. She's quite shy too which may be why she hasn't texted yet...
Personally if you like the girl that way you should text her then. You'd just be wondering what if.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jam277)
Personally if you like the girl that way you should text her then. You'd just be wondering what if.
But tbh she was sooo gorgeous. Everyone was saying it so I gave it a shot.
I don't think she'll like me anyways I just know it.
Rising_Sun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Will start with a joke or a forward message on the same day but not before say 4 to 6 hrs
User990473
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hmm, should have given her a reason to text you other than to say hey. She probably feels like she would be being too obvious if she text you with no real agenda (apart from the obvious).

In my experience it goes much smoother that way. eg. the girl I'm seeing atm was very shy and so there was no way she was going to text me first without a reason so I gave her my number and told her to text me if she was free for lunch the next day. She text me and it went great.

I think if I'd just given my number and said 'text me some time' she would have probably not have done anything with it.

Just something to think about, maybe
Airfairy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My current boyfriend gave me his and I was wondering is there's a timing rule (three day rule?). I think I left it two days.
Dragonfly07
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've never been in a situation where a guy gave me his number. Usually they only ask for mine and I always say no because I'm never interested in someone based on what they look like or even how confident they are. All I can think about if they approach me is "they don't know anything about me, why did they approach me if not for the most for the most shallow reasons".

I think the same would apply to if they gave me their phone numbers, I would just throw it away.

... I don't think most girls react that way :dontknow:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Occams Chainsaw)
Hmm, should have given her a reason to text you other than to say hey. She probably feels like she would be being too obvious if she text you with no real agenda (apart from the obvious).

In my experience it goes much smoother that way. eg. the girl I'm seeing atm was very shy and so there was no way she was going to text me first without a reason so I gave her my number and told her to text me if she was free for lunch the next day. She text me and it went great.

I think if I'd just given my number and said 'text me some time' she would have probably not have done anything with it.

Just something to think about, maybe
Hmmmm yeah you're right!! I'll consider this next time
Rising_Sun
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dragonfly07)
I've never been in a situation where a guy gave me his number. Usually they only ask for mine and I always say no because I'm never interested in someone based on what they look like or even how confident they are. All I can think about if they approach me is "they don't know anything about me, why did they approach me if not for the most for the most shallow reasons".

I think the same would apply to if they gave me their phone numbers, I would just throw it away.

Rare to see girls like you now a days. Good, keep it up
User990473
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

They may not know you very well yet but that's what dating is all about. Getting to know you.

I agree that an aesthetic attraction can't be all you have for a basis of a relationship but I don't see why it being an instigator is a problem.

What someone looks like can tell you a lot about that person. I understand you don't want to be seen as an object but I still think your reasoning is a little faulty.
Rising_Sun
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good point chainsaw
pinkbullets
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It may be that she got a few guys numbers/gave them her number that night and she's texting the ones that showed the most interest in her by texting her first.

Either that or she just wasn't that attracted to you.
PatheticVirgin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

(Original post by Rising_Sun)
Rare to see girls like you now a days. Good, keep it up
not sure if srs...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (145)
19.39%
Labour (380)
50.8%
Liberal Democrats (104)
13.9%
Green Party (38)
5.08%
Brexit Party (10)
1.34%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.4%
SNP (14)
1.87%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.4%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.8%
SDLP (1)
0.13%
Ulster Unionist (4)