Why Are People Judged By The Way They Dress???

Watch
This discussion is closed.
littleredfrog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Why is it, that wherever you go, poeple are lookin at the way you dress. If your dressed in scruffy clothes then your generally looked down upon anad not considered to have a great personality.

IF your dressed smart then people look at you with respect and admiration for what you may do!!

All people need to stop looking at the material and start looking at the inside!!
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by littleredfrog)
Why is it, that wherever you go, poeple are lookin at the way you dress. If your dressed in scruffy clothes then your generally looked down upon anad not considered to have a great personality.

IF your dressed smart then people look at you with respect and admiration for what you may do!!

All people need to stop looking at the material and start looking at the inside!!
cos people find it easier to take other people at face value
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Don't think we'll ever get away from the fact that appearances do matter and first impressions do have an impact.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

First impressions count I guess.
DJT
Report 16 years ago

I agree, but i think that some people find it easier to judge people by looks, and some styles do make some people look odd
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I'm guilty of it. When I see people dressed head to toe in baggy black clothes and piercings all over them, it's fairly likely that they're not the sort of person I'd mix with.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
Well, I'm guilty of it. When I see people dressed head to toe in baggy black clothes and piercings all over them, it's fairly likely that they're not the sort of person I'd mix with.
I'm hurt! That's me!

It happens because it is simply a very good indicator of the type of person you are dealing with! Sometimes looks can be deceiving, but usually, they aren't, in my opinion.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i get judged coz im not all 'fashion'. i wear trainers, jeans, and normal tops. wen i go out il wear glitzy tops. i hate the incrowder carrier bag fashions. just the way ste liked...
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I'm hurt! That's me!

It happens because it is simply a very good indicator of the type of person you are dealing with! Sometimes looks can be deceiving, but usually, they aren't, in my opinion.
Oh my god, you've got bits of metal all over your face?? Sorry, they just make my stomach turn- I could hardly have a face-to-face conversation with someone if they're making me feel physically sick!
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
girls seem to look at girls a lot of the time in public with a flair of jealously
littleredfrog
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
its true we are all judged by the way we look. its so superficail. we're all reluctant to take the time to get to know someone, instead of just looking at their clothes!!!! im not sayin that we should like stop people on thw street and ask them personal questions but if your in school/work you need to get to now people rergardless of how they dress.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
Oh my god, you've got bits of metal all over your face?? Sorry, they just make my stomach turn- I could hardly have a face-to-face conversation with someone if they're making me feel physically sick!
No, I don't I never thought you'd be so shallow though!! :rolleyes:
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa12)
girls seem to look at girls a lot of the time in public with a flair of jealously
Lol- I'm usually just eyeing up their shoes/handbag/coat!
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
:eek: I'm not, honestly! I'm just really squeamish. I really can't talk to people if they've got piercings on their face- I get dizzy. So that's why they wouldn't be the people I'd mix with!
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
she is so not shallow!!!!!!! suz19 and I are going to the cinema tonight
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa12)
she is so not shallow!!!!!!! suz19 and I are going to the cinema tonight
What does her boyfriend have to say about this arrangement?
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
What does her boyfriend have to say about this arrangement?
He's coming too- at dazya's request
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
we are just going as friends
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
He's coming too- at dazya's request
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sounds cosy

I'll go with Dazya and we can make it a double date.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (11)
6.47%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (12)
7.06%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (40)
23.53%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (20)
11.76%
No, nothing has changed (59)
34.71%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (28)
16.47%

Watched Threads