Turn on thread page Beta

Why Are People Judged By The Way They Dress??? watch

ReputationRep:
    Why is it, that wherever you go, poeple are lookin at the way you dress. If your dressed in scruffy clothes then your generally looked down upon anad not considered to have a great personality.

IF your dressed smart then people look at you with respect and admiration for what you may do!!

All people need to stop looking at the material and start looking at the inside!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleredfrog)
    Why is it, that wherever you go, poeple are lookin at the way you dress. If your dressed in scruffy clothes then your generally looked down upon anad not considered to have a great personality.

IF your dressed smart then people look at you with respect and admiration for what you may do!!

All people need to stop looking at the material and start looking at the inside!!
    cos people find it easier to take other people at face value

ReputationRep:

Don't think we'll ever get away from the fact that appearances do matter and first impressions do have an impact.

ReputationRep:

First impressions count I guess.

ReputationRep:

I agree, but i think that some people find it easier to judge people by looks, and some styles do make some people look odd

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm guilty of it. When I see people dressed head to toe in baggy black clothes and piercings all over them, it's fairly likely that they're not the sort of person I'd mix with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Well, I'm guilty of it. When I see people dressed head to toe in baggy black clothes and piercings all over them, it's fairly likely that they're not the sort of person I'd mix with.
    I'm hurt! That's me!

It happens because it is simply a very good indicator of the type of person you are dealing with! Sometimes looks can be deceiving, but usually, they aren't, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    i get judged coz im not all 'fashion'. i wear trainers, jeans, and normal tops. wen i go out il wear glitzy tops. i hate the incrowder carrier bag fashions. just the way ste liked...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    I'm hurt! That's me!

It happens because it is simply a very good indicator of the type of person you are dealing with! Sometimes looks can be deceiving, but usually, they aren't, in my opinion.
    Oh my god, you've got bits of metal all over your face?? Sorry, they just make my stomach turn- I could hardly have a face-to-face conversation with someone if they're making me feel physically sick!

girls seem to look at girls a lot of the time in public with a flair of jealously

ReputationRep:
    its true we are all judged by the way we look. its so superficail. we're all reluctant to take the time to get to know someone, instead of just looking at their clothes!!!! im not sayin that we should like stop people on thw street and ask them personal questions but if your in school/work you need to get to now people rergardless of how they dress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Oh my god, you've got bits of metal all over your face?? Sorry, they just make my stomach turn- I could hardly have a face-to-face conversation with someone if they're making me feel physically sick!
    No, I don't I never thought you'd be so shallow though!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa12)
    girls seem to look at girls a lot of the time in public with a flair of jealously
    Lol- I'm usually just eyeing up their shoes/handbag/coat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    :eek: I'm not, honestly! I'm just really squeamish. I really can't talk to people if they've got piercings on their face- I get dizzy. So that's why they wouldn't be the people I'd mix with!

(Original post by Gimp)
    she is so not shallow!!!!!!! suz19 and I are going to the cinema tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa12)
    she is so not shallow!!!!!!! suz19 and I are going to the cinema tonight
    What does her boyfriend have to say about this arrangement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    What does her boyfriend have to say about this arrangement?
    He's coming too- at dazya's request

we are just going as friends

(Original post by suz19)
    He's coming too- at dazya's request

ReputationRep:
    Sounds cosy

I'll go with Dazya and we can make it a double date.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.