Turn on thread page Beta

Why Are People Judged By The Way They Dress??? watch

ReputationRep:
    People are judged by the way they dress because that is often the only thing available to judge by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleredfrog)
    Why is it, that wherever you go, poeple are lookin at the way you dress. If your dressed in scruffy clothes then your generally looked down upon anad not considered to have a great personality.

IF your dressed smart then people look at you with respect and admiration for what you may do!!

All people need to stop looking at the material and start looking at the inside!!
    Because otherwise I'd have to judge them by what their face looks like, and that just seems shallow.

Seriously, clothes can be changed and gives an indication of how well someone looks after themselves, that should probably extend to how well they'd look after you or your interests... so people who've made an effort get rewarded.

Personally I normally dress all in black, though it's not normally that baggy or anything. Hoody, leather jacket and chinos... everyday. I haven't the foggiest what people make of that, and at the moment I don't really care.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    What to do? As the saying goes, 'Clothes make a man'...

How esle to judge a person when you don't even know him/her well... The easiest way is through the way they dress, by that, it's the first impression that they are going to give you.

I would say it's not 100% accurate, but fairly accurate and that's about the only way i guess.

Of course, if he/she's gonna be crucial in your plans, say selection of personnel for a managerial post, then of course mere dress code alone won't account for much weight, more is to observed and asked for on his personality and attitude towards work etc.

ReputationRep:
    personally i couldnt care

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldn't anybody judge you by the way you dress, your dress sense is your identity, it reveals everything about you, like when you go for an interview for uni, you have to dress smart, because you are expressing yourself, your'e determined to get in, whereas if someone goes with scruffy clothes, what chance have they got at getting a place. Life always has a meaning in every aspect, dressing up is one of them

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.