The Student Room Group

Dividing time

Hello, really really stressing out ready to have a nervous break down. I started my revision about mid-march its now early May and I really have only learn't about a quarter to a half of each of my three subjects. I thought if I started in March that I would get everything learnt. But I haven't.

I don't know what happened. I probably assumed that it would be the same as GCSE and I would learn everything in a month or two. The problem is that my teachers have been giving me tests and i've had to revise for them and then I fall behind in my other subjects and its just a constant circle of falling behind.

So right now i'm behind in ICT but ahead in Geography. I have learn't Just 1.5 and 1.1 I have 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 to learn. I have done about half of business studies. I don't know how to devote my time so that i'm equal with all free subjects. I want to fix this and hurry up. I'm really worried that i'm not gonna get everything learn't in time. Its stressing me out how people who started long after me are nearly finished.

Does anyone half any tips so that I can catch up in my other subjects and get loads done.
(edited 10 years ago)
mate you do ict and geography wtf are they.
Reply 2
Well when are your exams? Firstly, you need to relax, panicking is not going to help you get anywhere and if you rush through, then there's no chance of retaining information. You need to focus more on your ict, but don't forget about your geography. Cut down on your social time, but not completely - you still need to relax, but remember your exams as very important.
Get a calender or a diary, and work out how long you have left for each exam. Then go through your spec and see what you have left to learn/revise. Create a revision timetable with manageable chunks to do during the day. Don't waste your frees at college, they're valuable time. On a night before bed, read what you have gone through in the day.

PM me if you want to talk, chat a bit more. I'll try help best I can (though I didn't do ICT, so can't help with specifics, but geography I possibly could) Don't worry, you're not the only student panicking like hell. Just think it'll all be over in two months
Reply 3
hi
could you help me out by completing my dissertation questionnaire? i REALLY need urgent reponses, PLEASE!!! takes 5 mins tops.
http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=gzk5ipxnk3dtsgh139044

password is brigitte

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending