The Student Room Group

Work experience for biochemistry?

I want to study biochemistry or biomolecular sciences at university, I am currently at my first year of 6th form college and I want to gain some work experience over the summer that would benefit me by learning new skills and also help me in my university applications. I would be really grateful if you guys could help me out with some suggestions of where I could start or apply to?

Many thanks to you all :smile:
My friend also wants to do Biochemistry and because of the medical applications of the degree he's trying to get work experience at the Pathology lab at his local hospital. Also some Biochemistry degrees include some Pharmacology units so getting some work experience at a Pharmacy wouldn't hurt either. Getting work experience in the chemical industry would also be great but students at my school who tried this in recent years struggled but its still worth a try. Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply! Yeah I shall try my local hospital and pharmacies, I have tried a few other places but have not been having much luck but I shall continue trying. Thanks again your reply is much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending