Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Stupid Leeds, its cold and windy. I spend ages straightening my hair to look proffessional for prospective employers at a job thing, I stepped out the door and seconds later I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards!

ReputationRep:
    how annoying is that!! its worse when uve straightened your hair and put lip gloss on, as soon as u step out the door not only does it look like uve been dragged thru a hedge backwards, but u also look like cousin IT with hair covering ur face stuck fast on ur lip gloss. humph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    how annoying is that!! its worse when uve straightened your hair and put lip gloss on, as soon as u step out the door not only does it look like uve been dragged thru a hedge backwards, but u also look like cousin IT with hair covering ur face stuck fast on ur lip gloss. humph
    Oh I know, something you should definately be aware of before you come to Leeds, its probably the windiest place in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    i noticed it was really hilly aswell! ill pack my wind shelter (those beach things) and take it everywhere! or invest in a really big coat with a really big hood (so it wont blow down) to cover my hair
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Stupid Leeds, its cold and windy. I spend ages straightening my hair to look proffessional for prospective employers at a job thing, I stepped out the door and seconds later I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards!
    hehehe - it's nice to know mother nature has a sense of humour.

Think of it this way - you probably impressed the employers more looking windswept than if you'd shaved your head and turned up without a hair out of place

How did it go? Did anything interest you?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.