Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Stupid Leeds, its cold and windy. I spend ages straightening my hair to look proffessional for prospective employers at a job thing, I stepped out the door and seconds later I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards!

ReputationRep:
    how annoying is that!! its worse when uve straightened your hair and put lip gloss on, as soon as u step out the door not only does it look like uve been dragged thru a hedge backwards, but u also look like cousin IT with hair covering ur face stuck fast on ur lip gloss. humph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    how annoying is that!! its worse when uve straightened your hair and put lip gloss on, as soon as u step out the door not only does it look like uve been dragged thru a hedge backwards, but u also look like cousin IT with hair covering ur face stuck fast on ur lip gloss. humph
    Oh I know, something you should definately be aware of before you come to Leeds, its probably the windiest place in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    i noticed it was really hilly aswell! ill pack my wind shelter (those beach things) and take it everywhere! or invest in a really big coat with a really big hood (so it wont blow down) to cover my hair
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Stupid Leeds, its cold and windy. I spend ages straightening my hair to look proffessional for prospective employers at a job thing, I stepped out the door and seconds later I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards!
    hehehe - it's nice to know mother nature has a sense of humour.

Think of it this way - you probably impressed the employers more looking windswept than if you'd shaved your head and turned up without a hair out of place

How did it go? Did anything interest you?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.