The Student Room Group

Would you reject a girl if she had short hair?

Would older men - mid to late twenties turn down a girl/think she was unattractive if she had short hair? When I say short I mean assymetrical bob style where its really short on one side but longer on the other.

Also the secod question is does height make a difference as to whether she can pull it off or not? Would it suit short women over a tall woman?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No I wouldn't, no it doesn't.

/thread.
Reply 2
No!

Short hair can look really good on some girls, and height doesn't make that much of a difference.
(edited 10 years ago)
If they do, then they are shallow
Reply 4
treat every girls the same no matter what hairstyles they have.
Every hole's a goal.

Spoiler

Reply 6
hairstyles are ones personal and if a guy rejects one for hairstyle then he just cant accept the person as she is which imo is ridiculous. a hairstyle would never make me reject anyone , but nature, behavior would
I think to pull of a short hair style girls need to be quite pretty. I'm not sure if that really describes it, but short works with certain girls and other just doesn't. I don't think height has anything to do with it.

Guys are going to reject a girl if they don't find her attractive. I don't know if a hairstyle is enough to swing it, but you apply the same about anything, clothes, body, accent. It all factors in, whether people acknowledge it or not.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
... Serious? -_-

And I don't think height makes much of a differrence when it comes to whether a short hair cut suits someone or not. It's more dependent on facial shape and structure (generally it seems that a shorter cut can make a round face appear more round, but again that can depend on the style).
Reply 9
Original post by Gnome :)
... Serious? -_-

And I don't think height makes much of a differrence when it comes to whether a short hair cut suits someone or not. It's more dependent on facial shape and structure (generally it seems that a shorter cut can make a round face appear more round, but again that can depend on the style).

Ive read in various places internet.magazines that men subconsciously go for long hair as it signifies that a woman is healthy or something lol

why neg rep for this? Its what ive read and seen on natural selection TV programmes go and neg rep them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Nope, definitely not. If she has confidence pulling it off I'm absolutely down.

Now I think of it I sorta fell in love with that girl from Twilight, Alice. She had short-ish hair. But in real life I'm not interested.
Emma Watson - no
Original post by inthedark1
Ive read in various places internet.magazines that men subconsciously go for long hair as it signifies that a woman is healthy or something lol

Natural selection is a bitch
Reply 13
Original post by Blind Ferret
Nope, definitely not. If she has confidence pulling it off I'm absolutely down.

Now I think of it I sorta fell in love with that girl from Twilight, Alice. She had short-ish hair. But in real life I'm not interested.

You were able to watch Twilight for long enough to fall in love with one of the actresses:eek:

Nah actually I like the wolf guy with a tan and dark hair, not keen on the films though.
Reply 14
older men - mid to late twenties
Lol, wtf?

I think that's generally true (well, hair that is long, shiny and not going grey), but it's likely that society has a role in that as well as genetics. A rare/uncommon hairdo might catch the attention of some guys, but it's a greater risk because it's got to match your face shape (not sure if height affects what hairdos are 'suitable'), whereas long hair suits pretty much anyone.
You were able to watch Twilight for long enough to fall in love with one of the actresses:eek:

Nah actually I like the wolf guy with a tan and dark hair, not keen on the films though.

I watched them for research. I was single, knowing about the film if I ever hooked up with a fan would earn me major brownie points. Which it has.

Regardless of how terrible they are.

Yeah I don't like people with natural tans, I'm jealous. I have Irish/English blood and ginger skin type, I'm built to burn :cry2:
Reply 16
Would older men - mid to late twenties turn down a girl/think she was unattractive if she had short hair? When I say short I mean assymetrical bob style where its really short on one side but longer on the other.

Also the secod question is does height make a difference as to whether she can pull it off or not? Would it suit short women over a tall woman?

To me what matters is the size of her head, in particular her forehead. Natalie Portman still looked attractive with short hair, Britney Spears on the other hand looked awful.
who cares her hair
Original post by B_Boy_Turco
who cares her hair

Of course you don't care, you're Turkish.

You're too busy on Facebook talking about 'Beautiful English rose, you sexy, I make sex in mouth, my economy it bad but my sex, iz good'
Reply 19
Original post by Blind Ferret
Of course you don't care, you're Turkish.

You're too busy on Facebook talking about 'Beautiful English rose, you sexy, I make sex in mouth, my economy it bad but my sex, iz good'

Lmfao, 'I make sex in mouth', just what all us English girls want to hear :lol:

But srsly OP. None of the men I know give a **** about hair length.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending