Omg! Watch

This discussion is closed.
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
right, i no this sounds kinda weird, but wudnt it b gr8 if like, the oens who talk a lot to each other were to meet one day in the city and go out?

say the ones who talk a lot int he day such as me, glitter, suz19, amb1, dude and daveo?! thatd b ace dont u think?
DazYa
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
right, i no this sounds kinda weird, but wudnt it b gr8 if like, the oens who talk a lot to each other were to meet one day in the city and go out?

say the ones who talk a lot int he day such as me, glitter, suz19, amb1, dude and daveo?! thatd b ace dont u think?
take a break from here, seriously hun....
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Hmm.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It would either be really good fun, or a bit lame, with everyone standing around going "Hehehe (nervous giggle) isn't this weird?"

I know that other messageboards do "meets" though, but I don't know what they're like.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
but it wud b so funny! and no 1 wud b nervous with me and glitter there! lol
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You'd be there to break the ice then? I dunno - I'm going to my first meet tomorrow in London, for a different messageboard, and I'm v excited but quite nervous too. I think the most important thing, if you were to do something like that, would be to have something planned that you can all do, otherwise there could well be a lot of standing around making small talk.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It would be crap.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i considered it ... i probably will meet up with a few members once i get to london this sept
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
its gettin people to do it tho...
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmmm.. I've met one person on these forums that I actually trust lolz.. so yeh, I'd like to meet up.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
A couple I knew online texted me one day saying "we're passing through tonight - do you want to meet up?". Darren and I took them to see some of our friends who were playing in a bar and we had SUCH a brilliant time. You have to have some kind of structure and preferably something that you can hide behind (e.g. music, so silences aren't awkward!)
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Hmmm.. I've met one person on these forums that I actually trust lolz.. so yeh, I'd like to meet up.
lucky - i havent had such luck yet - or at least i dont think i truly have- depends how i am feeling on the day and how the other person is feeling of course
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
lucky - i havent had such luck yet - or at least i dont think i truly have- depends how i am feeling on the day and how the other person is feeling of course
I trust you Kurdt
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I trust you Kurdt
hmm - that was never the issue i think you'll find - u are the one that cant be trusted
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
True... meeting one person you really trust is harder than meeting 100 acquaintances
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't know, it would be very strange considering most people are completely different IRL.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
It would be crap.
I didn't have the heart to say it!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
True... meeting one person you really trust is harder than meeting 100 acquaintances
agreed - and in real life we are probably all completely different - although i am indeed the flirty casanova i make out to be in fairness
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
I don't know, it would be very strange considering most people are completely different IRL.
Depends on how well you 'know' the person really.. like how much depth the conversation has. Hmm.. I dunno. I'd only feel comfortable meeting ONE person.
Anu
Report 15 years ago

Im on another forum aswell..

and we do that on a regular basis.

meet ups we call them.

theyre great, but obviously ina big group, lots of us and then we go out.

but then if you get to know someone well..venture off alone together. its good.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (158)
13.28%
Excited (106)
8.91%
Worried (218)
18.32%
Terrified (278)
23.36%
Meh (94)
7.9%
Confused (32)
2.69%