I've just bought a new t-shirt will people get the wrong idea?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
P.S I was up all night doing my work so I am having a day off today! I am still on my UKL break.

I bought the a Joy Divsion t-shirt today but I am slightly worried people will think I am a nazi or am I reading far too much into it?

The thing is I hate anything to with Nazis and racisism so I don't anybody in the club (which is an indie club) to get the wrong idea.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmm.. some fanatics may find it offensive but I really don't think it matters. It's really how you carry yourself

xoxo
AT82
Rep:
?
The club does play Joy Divison and New Order stuff and a lot of people where Sex Pistols stuff there which is probably more Nazil.

I'm just worrying about nothing but I will be careful where I wear it.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry for being a dunce, but who/what are Joy Division? And why th obsession with them?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Sorry for being a dunce, but who/what are Joy Division? And why th obsession with them?
joy division are a band with a few controversial views ...
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chicken)
They are a mancunian indie band (1977-1980) they have a bit of a cult follwoing with some mancs.
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
They are a mancunian indie band (1977-1980) they have a bit of a cult follwoing with some mancs.
Better than wearing something from http://www.tshirthell.com/
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
P.S I was up all night doing my work so I am having a day off today! I am still on my UKL break.

I bought the a Joy Divsion t-shirt today but I am slightly worried people will think I am a nazi or am I reading far too much into it?

The thing is I hate anything to with Nazis and racisism so I don't anybody in the club (which is an indie club) to get the wrong idea.
Can'y you just stick a 'post it' note declaring that your not a nazi?
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Can'y you just stick a 'post it' note declaring that your not a nazi?
Lol I assume you were being sarcastic.

HMV sell of them t-shirts so if there was any real nazi connection they wouldn't sell them.

Also it was actually Joy's Divsion in the novel and not Joy Divsion.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My friend had a shirt which said "IM a virgin, (this is an old shirt)"

She was getting a lot more death stares from middle-aged women...
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The club does play Joy Divison and New Order stuff and a lot of people where Sex Pistols stuff there which is probably more Nazil.

I'm just worrying about nothing but I will be careful where I wear it.
Are the sex pistols nazis??? I went to there concert in Toronto in August and while they were playing everyone rushed the stage and when i got down their a bunch of bald guys were giving the hitler salute...... from your post i assume that happens at their concerts a lot or am i wrong?
AT82
Rep:
?
The sex pistols are not really what I would call Nazi's but their front man Johnny Rotten is probably racist.

In fact I am sure he has said some racist comments in the past.

I wore my Joy Division T-shirt last night and it went down like a treat. None of the girls understand it though.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The sex pistols are not really what I would call Nazi's but their front man Johnny Rotten is probably racist.

I wore my Joy Division T-shirt last night and it went down like a treat. None of the girls understand it though.
The girls love my 'I swear I didn't know she was 3' t-shirt.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no one will care, people who know them will like them, people who don't are so stupid they wont have a clue....
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm Not A Nazi Lol
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
I'm Not A Nazi Lol
thanks for that
Collegestudent
Report 16 years ago

Joy Division are/were a gay band form the 1980's. I don't see how that can be interpreted as Nazism.

And WTF are you talking about? The Sex Pistols did/have not had anything to do with Nazism either.

You are an idiot.
Collegestudent
Report 16 years ago

NO THE SEX PISTOLS WERE ONE OF THE GREATEST BRITISH BANDS OF ALL TIME. THE SEX PISTOLS WERE NOT RACIST AND JOHNNY ROTTEN WAS NOT RACIST. YOU ARE A ******. YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT 'GET' PUNK. YOU ARE A ****
Collegestudent
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
Are the sex pistols nazis??? I went to there concert in Toronto in August and while they were playing everyone rushed the stage and when i got down their a bunch of bald guys were giving the hitler salute...... from your post i assume that happens at their concerts a lot or am i wrong?
I would love to see the SEX PISTOLS live! But, no buddy they are not. You might find a few skinheads going to their gigs but that is because they are morons. They think the PISTOLS embody Britishness. They do not 'get it' though.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Collegestudent)
I would love to see the SEX PISTOLS live! But, no buddy they are not. You might find a few skinheads going to their gigs but that is because they are morons. They think the PISTOLS embody Britishness. They do not 'get it' though.
You, my friend, are a legend.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (309)
34.37%
No (590)
65.63%

Watched Threads