I found my stolen bike on Gumtree

Watch
Ash Pearson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
About 5 days ago I started a thread about how I was upset that my bike was taken.

Well today, after coincidently searching for another second-hand bike, I found my bike being sold by the thieves who stole it! :eek:

Anyway I called the police and am hoping to get it back again, though it's gonna be hard as they've only left an email address to contact them with. I suggest to anyone who has had their stuff stolen, to check Gumtree

x
x_x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ash Pearson)
About 5 days ago I started a thread about how I was upset that my bike was taken.

Well today, after coincidently searching for another second-hand bike, I found my bike being sold by the thieves who stole it! :eek:

Anyway I called the police and am hoping to get it back again, though it's gonna be hard as they've only left an email address to contact them with. I suggest to anyone who has had their stuff stolen, to check Gumtree

x
That's pretty lucky. How did you find out that it was your particular bike?
Genocidal
Badges: 19
Report 7 years ago
Why not agree to buy it and pick it up? Then you could take a few friends round.
Rising_Sun
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Genocidal)
Why not agree to buy it and pick it up? Then you could take a few friends round.
Not just friends, why not cops itself ?
cambio wechsel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

x
It is amazing what you can find on the Internet. Like all those photos in your profile.
Genocidal
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rising_Sun)
Not just friends, why not cops itself ?
Because what's more fun: painting the patio red or watching them walk free with a fine and a suspended sentence?
consumed by stuff
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They do this in America on Craig's list.
mrcoolcoolcool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambio wechsel)
It is amazing what you can find on the Internet. Like all those photos in your profile.
lol so true
Rising_Sun
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because what's more fun: painting the patio red or watching them walk free with a fine and a suspended sentence?
Lol.... good one.
Ash Pearson
Rep:
?
My best friend just wrote to them and has asked to view the bike.

When we get a reply, we're hopefully gonna go around there with police assistance, but we're still working that part out x
Ash Pearson
Rep:
?
(Original post by x_x)
That's pretty lucky. How did you find out that it was your particular bike?
I know! I was shaking when I saw it. I recognised it because of the intricate design of the bike and scratches it had, plus the brand which is rare x
HotfireLegend
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Glad you found it, good luck and let us know how it works out
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know! I was shaking when I saw it. I recognised it because of the intricate design of the bike and scratches it had, plus the brand which is rare x
Agree to meet the buyer, then set them up by getting the police to sneak behind their house, then boom!
Egos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What if I told you, Gumtree employees check TSR?

Hope you get your bike though!
Ash Pearson
Rep:
?
(Original post by Egos)
What if I told you, Gumtree employees check TSR?

Hope you get your bike though!
Haha, me too and I doubt the sellers will find this thread because I've only told the police about the link to the webpage where it's being sold.
Egos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha, me too and I doubt the sellers will find this thread because I've only told the police about the link to the webpage where it's being sold.
Me too actually. Why on earth would they go on TSR and look for people with stolen bikes?
Good luck with getting your bike back!
Ash Pearson
Rep:
?
(Original post by James A)
Agree to meet the buyer, then set them up by getting the police to sneak behind their house, then boom!
Thanks for all the posts! I can't wait to hear back from the police tomorrow, and also from my friend who emailed them x
Ash Pearson
Rep:
?
(Original post by Egos)
Me too actually. Why on earth would they go on TSR and look for people with stolen bikes?
Good luck with getting your bike back!
Hehe, esp considering the thieves couldn't even spell the name of my bike's brand properly

Thanks x
officelinebacker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, great fun, until you get done for assault.
kka25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yay :five:

Let us know the outcome ye?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (12)
57.14%
No (8)
38.1%
I don't know (1)
4.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise