Turn on thread page Beta

Upset :( Parents keep nagging about phone bills watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    *sigh*... Apparently I spent too much on phone bills coz' I keep calling my boyfriend. Boo..

How much does everyone else spend on phone bills?

ReputationRep:
    hardly anything cus i usually use the net..

but parents are like that. people have to use phones so let them.. offer to pay for the stuff u use and then ull realise how much ur using..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    *sigh*... Apparently I spent too much on phone bills coz' I keep calling my boyfriend. Boo..

I manage to keep within my contract limit. And to resolve your problem, simply dump your boyfriend! Easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    I manage to keep within my contract limit. And to resolve your problem, simply dump your boyfriend! Easy.
    or make him ring u

ReputationRep:
    I used to rack up huge phonebills, with Wes (due to long distance relationship) until we moved in together. But it shouldn't really cost so much if you are on BT? If you are on BT, convince your and his parents to sign up for carphone warehouses TalkTalk, it is free, you just get seperate bill for line rental and calls, but you can have one other talk talk member who you can call for free whenever for how long you like!! evening and weekend calls to anyone else is 5.5p for an hour, and daytime calls are cheaper than plain BT too!! If you want more details, go to carphone warehouse website and look for talktalk!!

ReputationRep:
    freeserve anytime should do the trick - i once put £179 on my parents phone bill because of this blasted place

ReputationRep:
    Pooo... I hate it when they become unreasonable like this.

Plus, my term holiday just started. ARGH! I live like 5 minutes walking distance from my bf and I'm stranded in this house without a phone. LOlz.. the irony of it all!

They're willing to pay 18,000 pounds/year to send me to the UK to study, but won't pay 100 pounds/month for the next 3 months before I'm gone. Lolz...

rant!

ReputationRep:

£85-£160 Variable.

ReputationRep:

Get him to call you!

My phone bill rarely gets up to about 50 pounds. That would be because i get **** loads of minutes, and then when i do call my boyfriend, he always tells me not to waste my minutes, and he calls back :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anu)
    Get him to call you!

My phone bill rarely gets up to about 50 pounds. That would be because i get **** loads of minutes, and then when i do call my boyfriend, he always tells me not to waste my minutes, and he calls back :P
    Hmm.. prob is that he's impoverished while I'm a 'brat' by financial standards. So it makes perfect sense for me to call him, if only my parents didnt give me such a hard time.

xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Pooo... I hate it when they become unreasonable like this.

Plus, my term holiday just started. ARGH! I live like 5 minutes walking distance from my bf and I'm stranded in this house without a phone. LOlz.. the irony of it all!

They're willing to pay 18,000 pounds/year to send me to the UK to study, but won't pay 100 pounds/month for the next 3 months before I'm gone. Lolz...

rant!
    what part of the world are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    what part of the world are you from?
    Brunei

Btw.. I'm on your MSN list lolz..

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. prob is that he's impoverished while I'm a 'brat' by financial standards. So it makes perfect sense for me to call him, if only my parents didnt give me such a hard time.

xoxo
    hell id still get him to call me :P

lool

ReputationRep:
    Brunei

Btw.. I'm on your MSN list lolz..
    LOL - of course!!! - i remember now

ReputationRep:
    We've got unlimited phonecalls using telewest monthly - you only pay a fixed amount every month and you can call all over the country anytime of the day for free.

ReputationRep:
    LOL - of course!!! - i remember now
    Was it you that I was talking to and hallucinating? Something about cows in my garden?

ReputationRep:
    Was it you that I was talking to and hallucinating? Something about cows in my garden?
    yeah - that was weird - i am the fruitarian remember?

ReputationRep:
    yeah - that was weird - i am the fruitarian remember?
    Yeh! The meditator that asked me if I was taking anything. Muahahaha...

Btw.. the cows WERE there.. and they were sacrificed the next morning by the hospital next door because it's a Muslim country.

ReputationRep:
    God, i know. If they get that stressed about an little piece of paper with (quite a few) numbers on it, why dont they just buy us our own phones for our own rooms with our own lines? lol. It could happen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowball)
    God, i know. If they get that stressed about an little piece of paper with (quite a few) numbers on it, why dont they just buy us our own phones for our own rooms with our own lines? lol. It could happen!
    Who would pay for the line?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.