Upset :( Parents keep nagging about phone bills

Watch
This discussion is closed.
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
*sigh*... Apparently I spent too much on phone bills coz' I keep calling my boyfriend. Boo..

How much does everyone else spend on phone bills?
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hardly anything cus i usually use the net..

but parents are like that. people have to use phones so let them.. offer to pay for the stuff u use and then ull realise how much ur using..
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
*sigh*... Apparently I spent too much on phone bills coz' I keep calling my boyfriend. Boo..

I manage to keep within my contract limit. And to resolve your problem, simply dump your boyfriend! Easy.
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
I manage to keep within my contract limit. And to resolve your problem, simply dump your boyfriend! Easy.
or make him ring u
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I used to rack up huge phonebills, with Wes (due to long distance relationship) until we moved in together. But it shouldn't really cost so much if you are on BT? If you are on BT, convince your and his parents to sign up for carphone warehouses TalkTalk, it is free, you just get seperate bill for line rental and calls, but you can have one other talk talk member who you can call for free whenever for how long you like!! evening and weekend calls to anyone else is 5.5p for an hour, and daytime calls are cheaper than plain BT too!! If you want more details, go to carphone warehouse website and look for talktalk!!
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
freeserve anytime should do the trick - i once put £179 on my parents phone bill because of this blasted place
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Pooo... I hate it when they become unreasonable like this.

Plus, my term holiday just started. ARGH! I live like 5 minutes walking distance from my bf and I'm stranded in this house without a phone. LOlz.. the irony of it all!

They're willing to pay 18,000 pounds/year to send me to the UK to study, but won't pay 100 pounds/month for the next 3 months before I'm gone. Lolz...

rant!
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

£85-£160 Variable.
Anu
Report 16 years ago

Get him to call you!

My phone bill rarely gets up to about 50 pounds. That would be because i get **** loads of minutes, and then when i do call my boyfriend, he always tells me not to waste my minutes, and he calls back :P
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anu)
Get him to call you!

My phone bill rarely gets up to about 50 pounds. That would be because i get **** loads of minutes, and then when i do call my boyfriend, he always tells me not to waste my minutes, and he calls back :P
Hmm.. prob is that he's impoverished while I'm a 'brat' by financial standards. So it makes perfect sense for me to call him, if only my parents didnt give me such a hard time.

xoxo
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Pooo... I hate it when they become unreasonable like this.

Plus, my term holiday just started. ARGH! I live like 5 minutes walking distance from my bf and I'm stranded in this house without a phone. LOlz.. the irony of it all!

They're willing to pay 18,000 pounds/year to send me to the UK to study, but won't pay 100 pounds/month for the next 3 months before I'm gone. Lolz...

rant!
what part of the world are you from?
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
what part of the world are you from?
Brunei

Btw.. I'm on your MSN list lolz..
Anu
Report 16 years ago
Hmm.. prob is that he's impoverished while I'm a 'brat' by financial standards. So it makes perfect sense for me to call him, if only my parents didnt give me such a hard time.

xoxo
hell id still get him to call me :P

lool
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Brunei

Btw.. I'm on your MSN list lolz..
LOL - of course!!! - i remember now
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We've got unlimited phonecalls using telewest monthly - you only pay a fixed amount every month and you can call all over the country anytime of the day for free.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
LOL - of course!!! - i remember now
Was it you that I was talking to and hallucinating? Something about cows in my garden?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Was it you that I was talking to and hallucinating? Something about cows in my garden?
yeah - that was weird - i am the fruitarian remember?
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
yeah - that was weird - i am the fruitarian remember?
Yeh! The meditator that asked me if I was taking anything. Muahahaha...

Btw.. the cows WERE there.. and they were sacrificed the next morning by the hospital next door because it's a Muslim country.
snowball
Report 16 years ago
God, i know. If they get that stressed about an little piece of paper with (quite a few) numbers on it, why dont they just buy us our own phones for our own rooms with our own lines? lol. It could happen!
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
(Original post by snowball)
God, i know. If they get that stressed about an little piece of paper with (quite a few) numbers on it, why dont they just buy us our own phones for our own rooms with our own lines? lol. It could happen!
Who would pay for the line?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (207)
46.94%
Take exams next summer (63)
14.29%
Change uni choice through clearing (100)
22.68%
Apply to uni next year instead (45)
10.2%
I'm not applying to university (26)
5.9%

Watched Threads