CPT2 Opinions----------------------------

Watch
This discussion is closed.
mrmarsupial
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Personally I thought it was ok, how about you any questions you had trouble with

What was the answer for the QBE question ?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
for unit 2 on that QBE thing I just guessed and put 1? ? ?
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
Unlucky it was 3 I think, how about the table you had to fill in, I had never come across a question like that before (skipped em in revision) so I guessed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i didnt attempt it, i am so annoyed!
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The maximum the QBE would return is 2 records. The other record with that telephone number source wasn't in the date range.
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by mrmarsupial
Personally I thought it was ok, how about you any questions you had trouble with

What was the answer for the QBE question ?
The answer was 3, not 2. The question asked for the minimum number of records the search would return. There were 3 records, using the same SIM number, that took place after the search criteria, 8pm. Incidentally, i found it the easiest test i've ever took.
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
I got 3 and I checked it throughly, but I could be wrong, and the question asked for the minimum amount of records which would be returned.

Also the question about media player getting peoples details, the last part which said something about. (I liked that question as its real, u get them from CDDB or something)

Why might the links be considered to be unethical?

What did you all put?
Computergeek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what did u put for the legislation stuff
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Surfing Hamster
The maximum the QBE would return is 2 records. The other record with that telephone number source wasn't in the date range.
The only data range was the time had to be after 8pm and used by the correct sim, there were 3 such records, and it asked for the minimum not the maximum :P
Computergeek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i mucked up in this exam and computers are all i have! i am a social retard who relyes on his computer skills. The thing i and most of my other chums noticed about computing was that it dosent test u actual skills about computers. besides its quite useless if u want to go into that field later on in life
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by mrmarsupial

Why might the links be considered to be unethical?

What did you all put?
Unwanted e-mail, unsolicited monitoring, basically.

I buggered up that QBE by putting the maximum records!

I found that exam really boring, you had to do a lot of reading for very little marks.
Also I didn't realise there was a question on the back page until about 10 mins to go!
Computergeek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it asked what is a check digit, so i sed something along the lines of makes sure the rest of the number is correct, and that it is worked out by using the rest of numbers, and then it asked what is the purpose of a check digit? isnt that the same ?
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For the legislation, it wanted the Data Protection Act 1998, the Computer Misuse Act 1990, the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and the Regulation of investigatory Powers Bill. However I'd think the mark scheme would allow the Data Protection Act in the place of the R.I.P. bill for the reason the majority of the candidature would not be familiar with it, and I believe it will be answered incorrectly by the majority.

You need to know more than just programming to work in the computing field, as for the questions being useless if you want to go into the field!? Quite the opposite, not everything we are asked is relevant as to how it is in the field so-to-speak but you won't get far if you don't know the basics!

As for the check digit, the purpose of it was to verify the data, not to confuse it with validation, which is a totally different can of worms.
Computergeek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
have u just done the exam memento?
are u a 1st year? u seem like u did lots of revision
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah i'm doing/done AS this year, and i've just done the exam.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Regulation of investigatory Powers Bill???

Not in my textbook, not in my notes... how did you know this? Was it on the syllabus?

In fact a great deal of the exam covered areas we hadn't covered. What the heck is a smart card? What did you put for the 3 stages of an algorithm to convert a string into an integer?
Computergeek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
Regulation of investigatory Powers Bill???

Not in my textbook, not in my notes... how did you know this? Was it on the syllabus?

In fact a great deal of the exam covered areas we hadn't covered. What the heck is a smart card? What did you put for the 3 stages of an algorithm to convert a string into an integer?

how badly did u think u did? In my text book there was no RIP thing but there was a smart card, i put for that = its a card with a chip in it which can hold thousands of characters of data
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
well i'll definitely need to resit it. the exam was a completely different format to the numerous mock exams we've been given this term and MUCH harder.

the questions were too long-winded and I thought too often they assumed knowledge outside the syllabus.

now it's coming back to me i think i messed up on the parking lot question too.
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
smart card is just a very small chip which holds information, you would prob get the mark for calling it a storage medium becuase thats what it is in essence ! yes all of it was covered in syalbus, well we learnt it at our college.

RIP bill is the new one in which they have the rights to seize all ur equiptment if ur a suspect of computer crime
Computergeek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i for one may need to resit too, maybe just unit 2? is that possible?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (295)
34.26%
No (566)
65.74%

Watched Threads