CPT2 Opinions----------------------------

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Memento
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Allot of colleges, including my own don't cover the 'whole syllabus', but you need to learn it yourself too if you want to get the higher grades. I don't know what syllabus you've been reading but this is computing, not chemistry the syllabus doesn't state every fact. It informs the candidate must have knowledge of various concepts, the RIP bill was recently added and therefore you might not have heard about it, as I said the copyright act would have sufficed but when the mark scheme is released I’m pretty sure the RIP bill will be the first thing mentioned. A smart card holds information on it, and allows the phone to be in contact with the server.
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They don't expect you to be able to answer everything, you can miss a few questions you don't understand, and still get a grade A. What i liked about this exam was it was so varied; it didn't dawdle on one particular question, meaning if you didn’t know the answer, you would be in big trouble. Instead it included a wide range of questions, and really tested your knowledge of the subject.

Well written
Computergeek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what did u put for the benifits to the user for that media player thing, and the advantage to the company
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I put the
User could gain marketing information relevant to him
The company could record the data, and produce statistics to sell to other music companies (profitable)
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I put the user would get special offers relevent to him and could save money.

The company could produce statistics of the users music interests and sell them to another company ie they make profit
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah good point there about the user receiving relevant discounts, never crossed my mind :-|
Computergeek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by mrmarsupial
I put the user would get special offers relevent to him and could save money.

The company could produce statistics of the users music interests and sell them to another company ie they make profit
i agree with the business one, for the user one i put, the user could recieve music via email
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What did you guys get for the calculation where there were 1000 entries in the database in CPT2? The one you had to get ya calculators out for? I think i got 1500 or something similar..
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
ive got a 'U'
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
I got 30000 bytes or 29.27 Kb
Computergeek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i thought u only had to add 17+2 and multiply by 1500
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
it was 17+2+ 1 = 20 * 1500

which gets u the answer, I gave it as Kb too just incase
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
what was the answer to the question asking for five fields and their datatypes which would be stored in the parking lot database?

how about the question asking for 2 methods of the parking lot ticket reader being able to locate the correct record in the database from the ticket (i think that was the question)? I assumed it wanted two different methods of input so I put bar code reader and magnetic stripe reader.

I reckon I screwed up quite badly. I don't even think my answers on the real-time and batch processing questions were clear enough.
Computergeek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Aggghhhhhh I forgot to add the 1!! i just did 17+2*1500. Will they mind? lol.

i didnt even answer the parking one! and i know what the answer was, I didnt do the one were u had to make a QBE thing. I also didnt do the update file thing! i have really failed.

for the second part of the parking one what did u put in the table?
i put something like

Random Integer integer
Current date Date
Arrival Time Time
Price currency

i cant remember the other one i put, it might have been price to pay which would have been floating point.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Blegh

Module 2 was gay.

The Module 1 retake on the other hand, found that very easy.
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Ahh!! That's what I did!!! I knew there was a 1500 in it though hehe

Another thing that's been bugging me..

The dry running of that algorithm on the back page of CPT1, what did you get the string to read at the end, and what did you get for the tick boxes where you could choose procedures or functions?
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
not too sure I did CPT in Jan and the last question was a dry run of a program and it was the hardest one I seen, something about bubble sort which i had never encountered before so that messed me up from getting an A
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago

The question actually said give the answer in bytes. Since you've put the answer in b and kb, you better hope you have a nice examiner!
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Computergeek
Aggghhhhhh I forgot to add the 1!! i just did 17+2*1500. Will they mind? lol.

i didnt even answer the parking one! and i know what the answer was, I didnt do the one were u had to make a QBE thing. I also didnt do the update file thing! i have really failed.

for the second part of the parking one what did u put in the table?
i put something like

Random Integer integer
Current date Date
Arrival Time Time
Price currency

i cant remember the other one i put, it might have been price to pay which would have been floating point.
For the car parking one there were five boxes wasn't there?

I put:

Random Integer - Integer
Arrival Date - Date
Arrival Time - Integer
Departure Date - Date
Departure Time - Integer

^-- I added the departure times because it stated that the data would be saved in an audit file after the car left, and I presumed it would need the arrival and departure times to make use of the data, even though on leaving, the time and date could be calculated on the fly.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Surfing Hamster
Another thing that's been bugging me..

The dry running of that algorithm on the back page of CPT1, what did you get the string to read at the end, and what did you get for the tick boxes where you could choose procedures or functions?
PAT: TAP (Or the other way round, I can't remember now!)

I put print as a function, and the other two as a procedure, and I think I'm bound to get 2 out of the the 3 marks on that table!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads