Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y?!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by law_student)
    LSE I mean :-)

ReputationRep:
    What are you waiting for?

ReputationRep:
    because there are lots of applicants plus good law schools aren't desperate to give out offers quickly as they are quite content in thinking people will be willing to wait for them.

ReputationRep:
    SIMPLE ANSWER: All law schools are run by arrogant gits who don't realise that if it wasnt for students, they wouldn't have their jobs. They have an extremely elevated view of themselves. My application has now been in the hands of universities since the very early October - 6 months ago!!

I except Kings and Leeds from this rule of course, as they have both replied and accepted me, but not Oxford and Bristol, who have both rejected me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by law_student)
    i know what it feels like, had 5 replies but still waitin g for Kings, dont even want to go there now.. even if they offer a place,lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bratva10)
    i know what it feels like, had 5 replies but still waitin g for Kings, dont even want to go there now.. even if they offer a place,lol
    Why don't you just withdraw then???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *smile*)
    Why don't you just withdraw then???
    Yeah! Be cool and withdraw your application, so that we get more chances! If you know you don't wanna go there... :-)
    Chears,

P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    SIMPLE ANSWER: All law schools are run by arrogant gits who don't realise that if it wasnt for students, they wouldn't have their jobs. They have an extremely elevated view of themselves. My application has now been in the hands of universities since the very early October - 6 months ago!!
    But any good University can't consider your application in isolation. It needs to wait until all its applications are in before it can even start the process. Very different with less popular courses and places, as they will often be sure that an applicant will be a top candidate as soon as they see the UCAS form, but when most of your applicants are predicted straight As or thereabout, you need to wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldMan)
    But any good University can't consider your application in isolation. It needs to wait until all its applications are in before it can even start the process. Very different with less popular courses and places, as they will often be sure that an applicant will be a top candidate as soon as they see the UCAS form, but when most of your applicants are predicted straight As or thereabout, you need to wait.
    Wasn't the deadline January 15th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Wasn't the deadline January 15th?
    Yes. The Oxbrdige deadline was 15th October and offers went out 2.5 months later. On that basis, the other offers should go out in the next couple of weeks.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.