Growing Sports in the UK Watch

I.am.bored
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone had any opinions or evidence of the fastest growing/emerging sports within the UK or just in general.

Thought it would be interesting to know and could potentially show others new sports that they hadn't possibly contemplated, thanks in advance! :cool:
Haja
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We did extreme Frisbee in PE at secondary school - I am in love, I play every summer now! (It is a real sport, you have to run lots, I swear)
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
American football is growing here. Was popular in the 80s 90s not as much in the early 00s but now id say it's growing again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
NiallC
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would agree that American Sports are growing alot here, or especially round where I am. At my school you would see a lot more basketballers than you would footballers and even now when I travel home from college I see a lot of people playing basketball. American Football is growing as well, I mine people still play rugby and so few people know the rules of both they just mix them together but in terms of watching it I would say a lot more people do and it is certainly getting more coverage on Sky Sports
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by NiallC)
I would agree that American Sports are growing alot here, or especially round where I am. At my school you would see a lot more basketballers than you would footballers and even now when I travel home from college I see a lot of people playing basketball. American Football is growing as well, I mine people still play rugby and so few people know the rules of both they just mix them together but in terms of watching it I would say a lot more people do and it is certainly getting more coverage on Sky Sports
Does help the NFL thinks of UK as the second market. Playing 2 NFL games here now because of increased popularity. Would think they would play one in Germany but due to the increasing popularity here we now have two games and both sold out.
remrod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not growing as quickly as some, but I believe croquet is making a return :cool:
lucas13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
nfl
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lucas13)
nfl
You mean American Football ?

NFL is a league haha not the actual sport.
sport_chris
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mixed martial Arts. Dominated USA and international countries, Worlds fastest evolving sport.
General SMG
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
parkour is growing quite fast as well
officelinebacker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by I.am.bored)
Hey everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone had any opinions or evidence of the fastest growing/emerging sports within the UK or just in general.

Thought it would be interesting to know and could potentially show others new sports that they hadn't possibly contemplated, thanks in advance! :cool:
Lacrosse is picking up at a decent rate.

Most Universities now have at least one team, the number of sides playing in BUCS is increasing year on year, and the number of city teams is growing too, because of the number of people leaving University but still wanting to play.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.29%
Spring (36)
18.75%
Autumn/Fall (48)
25%
Winter (36)
18.75%
I love them all equally (10)
5.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise