Watch
This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040319/325/eozdd.html

After all the media stuff about it being tap water, they've had to withdraw it!
Ha!
Or was this merely a ploy to remove a product which was going to fail anyway?
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
apparently its being recalled because it had too a high a level of *insert weird chemical name here* in it
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040319/325/eozdd.html

After all the media stuff about it being tap water, they've had to withdraw it!
Ha!
Or was this merely a ploy to remove a product which was going to fail anyway?
i am upset to hear about the health scare - i drank some of that crap
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by VoodooDoll)
apparently its being recalled because it had too a high a level of *insert weird chemical name here* in it
Bromate
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
i am upset to hear about the health scare - i drank some of that crap
Well, its only through longer term exposure.
As long as you weren't so stupid to buy the tap water, there shouldn't be any permenant damage.
VoodooDoll
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmmm, this has just made me think, if dasani water is tap water bottled then doesn't it mean that normal tap water also has high levels of "bromate" too? :confused:
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmmm, this has just made me think, if dasani water is tap water bottled then doesn't it mean that normal tap water also has high levels of "bromate" too? :confused:
she makes a valid point - in fact most mineral water companies do the same
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Never actually heard of that stuff.

On a slightly different point. Has anyone from the North ever tasted southern tap water? Bleugh. Its disgusting, not only is it luke warm when its supposed to be cold, it just doesnt taste right. At home I always drink tap water, its cold and it actually tastes like water should.
VoodooDoll
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Never actually heard of that stuff.

On a slightly different point. Has anyone from the North ever tasted southern tap water? Bleugh. Its disgusting, not only is it luke warm when its supposed to be cold, it just doesnt taste right. At home I always drink tap water, its cold and it actually tastes like water should.
well, i'm from the north and i think yorkshire tap water tastes awful to be honest.... i'll be able to make a critcal comparison of northern and southern tap water when i go to bath uni in october
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well, i'm from the north and i think yorkshire tap water tastes awful to be honest.... i'll be able to make a critcal comparison of northern and southern tap water when i go to bath uni in october
Well maybe its just Lancashire with lovely tap water

But seriously is cold water actually cold with you? Trust me, here it is luke warm during the day, but gets a little colder at night.
VoodooDoll
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Well maybe its just Lancashire with lovely tap water

But seriously is cold water actually cold with you? Trust me, here it is luke warm during the day, but gets a little colder at night.
lol, try running the water for a minute or too, then it should get colder... water here is awful, but cold is cold and warm is warm...
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol, try running the water for a minute or too, then it should get colder... water here is awful, but cold is cold and warm is warm...
i hate it - it is so hard and harsh - the tap water
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Cambridge water is awful. Give me Devon tap water any day - cold and clear . I had never seen a furred-up kettle until I came here. Two uses and my kettle has plaque....
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Cambridge water is awful. Give me Devon tap water any day - cold and clear . I had never seen a furred-up kettle until I came here. Two uses and my kettle has plaque....

I'll rephrase what I said. It appears that the west side of Britain has good tap water
trinigyal
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Is there any REAL difference in taste among the various brands of bottled water? How many different 'flavours' can bottled water really have? I think Dasani is/was selling so well only because it's produced by the Coca Cola Company.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Best way to de-fur a kettle (discovered by my sister when she was little and trying to make hot ribena) boil undiluted (or slightly diluted) squash in it.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by trinigyal)
Is there any REAL difference in taste among the various brands of bottled water? How many different 'flavours' can bottled water really have? I think Dasani is/was selling so well only because it's produced by the Coca Cola Company.
apparently gatwick is opening a water bar where you can buy water from all around the world - just like a pub - except no alcohol - just water
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It says in that story that bromide is a derivative of calcium chloride...errr how? Bromide is a derivative of bromine is it not? (This will look very bad if i'm wrong seeing as i'm a chemistry degree student!).
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I bet that will be really popular :rolleyes:
Well considering us Brits have an almost unquenchable thirst for bottled water I don't see why not.

Some peope have to live without clean drinking water, and have to walk miles every day to get some. Its sad in a way that we buy mineral water.

On a different note, water in Staffs is disgusting, and nice in Northants
trinigyal
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
These people who get into the bottled water business are pretty smart. They give all this info on water fresh from the springs of some enchanted place or purified using the most modern technology bla bla bla.... The best tasting water you'll ever get.. and I bet consumers are just so enticed by the wonderful descriptions that they buy it forgetting about the actual taste of it, which would most likely be bland, as water always has been and probably always will be.

btw... I don't like drinking water. I only do when i'm reeeeeally thirsty and there's nothing else around!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (42)
8.02%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (41)
7.82%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (125)
23.85%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (73)
13.93%
No, nothing has changed (160)
30.53%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (83)
15.84%

Watched Threads