Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I was wondering if anyone has any predictions on the longer questions that might be coming up in these exams feel free to discuss revision you have been doing and any questions about the subject!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll do something really hard for the 12 marker like privation/day care/ deprivation I hope they don't though...

ReputationRep:
    Also, is anyone else finding trouble with remembering all the studies? and has anyone done any past papers?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applesapples)
    Also, is anyone else finding trouble with remembering all the studies? and has anyone done any past papers?!
    Its just a nightmare isnt it! Ive nearly remembered all the memory research studies but then BAM! attachment studies ahhh how are we suppose to remember such detail for about 50 studies :/ Does anyone know how to get the past paper for Jan 2013? Ive done a bit of past paper questions but i guess its just panicking me even more. What do people think will be on the 8 marker question? and what grades did people get for this exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_louise21)
    Its just a nightmare isnt it! Ive nearly remembered all the memory research studies but then BAM! attachment studies ahhh how are we suppose to remember such detail for about 50 studies :/ Does anyone know how to get the past paper for Jan 2013? Ive done a bit of past paper questions but i guess its just panicking me even more. What do people think will be on the 8 marker question? and what grades did people get for this exam?
    http://freepdfdb.com/pdf/psychology-...-59941627.html Jan 2013 PSYA1

ReputationRep:
    thankyou do you know where the mark scheme is for this paper as well?

ReputationRep:
    Privation and day care unlikely to come up, as privation came up in January.

ReputationRep:
    The 12 mark privation question in jan was what I lost so many A02 marks on... hoping for better in PSYA2...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think PSYA2 is a lot harder? the immune system and biological stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yerrkl)
    Does anyone else think PSYA2 is a lot harder? the immune system and biological stuff?
    Yes I think it's harder and there is a lot more content to learn this time around

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't know how i'll do on this one, conformity and abnormality are alright, but I hate stress. I've got a bit of a buffer from January though but hopefully that wont be necessary

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling on research methods! Can tell I'm going to drop marks on those. anyone got any advice on how to revise for that???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maishaashraf)
    I'm struggling on research methods! Can tell I'm going to drop marks on those. anyone got any advice on how to revise for that???
    Go through everything in your notes, trust me it's really important, I didn't enough in Jan and lost marks for it. I think this website might help you, I'm going to use it to go over for PSYA2 because they can ask research methods in that aswell!

Good luck and I hope this helps! http://www.psychteacher.co.uk/resear...sychology.html

ReputationRep:
    Unlikely privation or day care will come up, as they came up in January 2013 and June 2012 respectively.
    Don't hold me to it though, AQA are tricky as hell.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how you would answer the BPS question in Jan 13 paper? I wouldn't have a clue.. I want to see the mark scheme to see what they are actually looking for. I don't even remember being taught that. Does anyone have the mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, found the mark scheme.

http://freepdfdb.com/pdf/final-mark-...-59941632.html

ReputationRep:
    The 12 marker will most likely be on Memory as the last two were Attachment. Predictions
    the working memory model
    misleading information on EWT - most likely!
    Anxiety on EWT
    Age on EWT

However if people answered the 12 marker poorly last exam they may throw it in again, AQA are awkward like that!

ReputationRep:
    I think a 12 marker on the Cognitive interview will come up, seeing as there hasn't been a 12 marker on that since 09'.

ReputationRep:
    Praying for a 12 marker on EWT, it's one of the only topics that doesn't have too much research haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johngob)
    I think a 12 marker on the Cognitive interview will come up, seeing as there hasn't been a 12 marker on that since 09'.
    is there enough AO2 for that?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.