Turn on thread page Beta

Bath Uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else out their going to bath uni next year? i'm hopefully going to be doing a psychology BSc *fingers crossed*, can anyone tell me a bit more about what the uni is like - nightlife? sports opportunities? best accomodation? or just what they think of bath in general.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    yes, me maybe. to do maths.

bigcnee + other bath people! details on the nightlife (and course content please ) cheers !

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I'm (hopefully) going this autumn, to do Business, thats providing I get the rather harsh offer of AAA. lol.

From what I know (and bear in mind I live at the other end of the country!) Bath is a beautiful city, if a little touristy at times. Not been out there so not sure about bars/clubs etc, but put it this way, if we do get bored there Bristol aint exactly too far away, and theres some wicked clubs/gigs there.

Sports facilities are second to none (although people from loughborough probably want to fight over that - which incidently is my insurance uni!) and theres a load of new sports stuff coming on stream soon.

I'm a bit clueless on accomodation, and any other useful info would be nice if anyone knows the place????

ReputationRep:
    i live in bath, the city is probably the most beautiful in the whole of england, the tourists are a nightmare, nightlife is many pub based since there are loads of them and the clubs in the city leave a little to be desired. good pubs inculde the boater (full of youths but a good atmosphere espically in the summer due to the beer garden) also dead cheap for bath
    pig and fiddle - really good and good again the summer espically
    saraceans head - good for sport and very old - the oldest in the centre i thin
    st christophers inn - quite new only been a few times - quite smart
    litten tree - big pub with massive wide screen always showing football

bars - slug and lettuce - smart and up market - recently introduced a dress code on the door but generally good
    revolutions - amazing
    RSVP another really nice bar similar to the slug

clubs - all in bath are under the street level due to licensing restrictions
    poos - bit skanky but good on a saturday night
    moles - probably the best cheese night in the city on tuesday
    fez - good club, quite expensive only been a few times
    defter- meant to be good, its the only place i havent been to yet
    oh and should mention bablyon which is a bit lower on the ladder of style to the others
    and lastly cadililacs which fell off along time a good, meat market

the sports stuff is amazing! espically the 50m pool and i think its free to use if you are a student

dont know much about the accomodation but i would try to get on the uni campus as some of the 1st year housing is in the city and u have to get a bus every day to get to the uni up the hill

hope this helps and any rep would be appreciated if you want any more advice pm me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    i live in bath, the city is probably the most beautiful in the whole of england, the tourists are a nightmare, nightlife is many pub based since there are loads of them and the clubs in the city leave a little to be desired. good pubs inculde the boater (full of youths but a good atmosphere espically in the summer due to the beer garden) also dead cheap for bath
    pig and fiddle - really good and good again the summer espically
    saraceans head - good for sport and very old - the oldest in the centre i thin
    st christophers inn - quite new only been a few times - quite smart
    litten tree - big pub with massive wide screen always showing football

bars - slug and lettuce - smart and up market - recently introduced a dress code on the door but generally good
    revolutions - amazing
    RSVP another really nice bar similar to the slug

clubs - all in bath are under the street level due to licensing restrictions
    poos - bit skanky but good on a saturday night
    moles - probably the best cheese night in the city on tuesday
    fez - good club, quite expensive only been a few times
    defter- meant to be good, its the only place i havent been to yet
    oh and should mention bablyon which is a bit lower on the ladder of style to the others
    and lastly cadililacs which fell off along time a good, meat market

the sports stuff is amazing! espically the 50m pool and i think its free to use if you are a student

dont know much about the accomodation but i would try to get on the uni campus as some of the 1st year housing is in the city and u have to get a bus every day to get to the uni up the hill

hope this helps and any rep would be appreciated if you want any more advice pm me
    To add to your pub list:

Assembly Inn - Cheapest in centre of town, get 6 shots for £5
    Rat and Parrot - Good location, but a bit expensive
    Boater - Cheapish, good student atmosphere, downstairs!

On campus:

The Parade - Good for a chill out, slightly more expensive than the others
    The Venue - Campus club, usually good offers
    The Plug - Nice bar, great at happy (3) hours on a Friday

I would say that Revolution is v.good, but a bit too pricey. Although the Vanilla Coke cocktail there is to die for.

ReputationRep:
    I've received a conditional offer to read Economics....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    Is anyone else out their going to bath uni next year? i'm hopefully going to be doing a psychology BSc *fingers crossed*, can anyone tell me a bit more about what the uni is like - nightlife? sports opportunities? best accomodation? or just what they think of bath in general.

thanks
    I also have an offer to read BSc Psychology.. But I'm not sure if I should choose Bath or Nottingham for my insurance choice.. (I'm choosing Cambridge as my firm).. What do you guys think of Notts and Bath in terms of psychology? Notts ranks really high, but Bath has the placement year.. It's so hard to decide...

ReputationRep:
    "good pubs inculde the boater (full of youths but a good atmosphere espically in the summer due to the beer garden) also dead cheap for bath"

What is meant by dead cheap for bath? Can you get close to one-pound offers on beer anywhere else than the venue (I saw that they had this on student nights or something)?
    It looks like I'm going there, and I will be dead thirsty (beer in sweden is approx £5 a pint!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omer)
    I also have an offer to read BSc Psychology.. But I'm not sure if I should choose Bath or Nottingham for my insurance choice.. (I'm choosing Cambridge as my firm).. What do you guys think of Notts and Bath in terms of psychology? Notts ranks really high, but Bath has the placement year.. It's so hard to decide...
    both bath and nottingham are rated really highly for psychology but if you want to go on to be a professional psychologist the bath course is definately the best. i've spoken to a few psychologists about what they think of the placement year and they all agreed it would be very beneficial as work experience is so vital and hard to come by in clinical and forensic psychology.

what was your offer? mine's pretty evil - AAABa i'm thinking the uni really don't want me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burje-t)
    "good pubs inculde the boater (full of youths but a good atmosphere espically in the summer due to the beer garden) also dead cheap for bath"

What is meant by dead cheap for bath? Can you get close to one-pound offers on beer anywhere else than the venue (I saw that they had this on student nights or something)?
    It looks like I'm going there, and I will be dead thirsty (beer in sweden is approx £5 a pint!).
    There is £1 pint offers at Happy hour on a Friday in the plug, and often you get £1.50 pints at the Venue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    To add to your pub list:

Assembly Inn - Cheapest in centre of town, get 6 shots for £5
    Rat and Parrot - Good location, but a bit expensive
    Boater - Cheapish, good student atmosphere, downstairs!

On campus:

The Parade - Good for a chill out, slightly more expensive than the others
    The Venue - Campus club, usually good offers
    The Plug - Nice bar, great at happy (3) hours on a Friday

I would say that Revolution is v.good, but a bit too pricey. Although the Vanilla Coke cocktail there is to die for.
    yeah forgot about assembly since its so far up the hill, and agreed about the boater downstairs, upstairs seems to be filled with farmers and goths when ever i go in.

cheap for bath in the centre means the pints are around £2.40 in most of the central pubs unless u go to the cheap ones

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.