The Student Room Group

Will I get accepted to college if i fail my iB?

I applied to a liberal arts college in the US, they said that my admission is contingent on my successful completion of high school, meaning high school diploma which Im going to get. They also want me to continue my record of achievement and send my final transcript.

So if i fail my IB diploma, can i still get admitted via my high school diploma?... im not doing so well on my exams.

Also if i fail my IB diploma do i still get IB certificates?

thanks
You get an IB certificate regardless of whether you pass or fail the IB, but it is not considered to be "passing" your IB. An average IB student with no commitment whatsoever can easily get a 30+ in my opinion, which is passing. Additionally, your subjects have to be compatible with the university's entry requirements.
Reply 2
In order to get IB diploma, you have to get at least 24 and complete all the requirements for the EE, CAS and TOK. Also, you have to get 12 points from HL and 9 points from SL subjects. Do not worry if you fail because you can retake the exams by paying the exam fee. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Most colleges in the US only look at IB tests as supplemental information to an application and then in order to award credit based on the scores. Admission is not usually based on your scores at all, so I'd imagine you'll be fine if you fail it. As a person said above, however, you can always do retakes if you really need the diploma.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending